We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Some may have been sent as samples, but all opinions and reviews are our own. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A rotating timer you can set for a specific amount of time to help with your productivity and also to remind yourself that you need to take a break every once in a while.
You can set the timer for 5-, 10-, 15-, 20-, and 30-minute blocks by rotating it to the time you want. Then it will start the countdown. There are also four volume options in case you don't want to disrupt any other people in your home.
Promising review: "I love this timer to keep me on task while working from home! For the price, I was honestly impressed with the quality. My only suggestion would be an option for the display to stay backlit. You can press the snooze button on top to light the display for about five seconds, but that’s not super convenient if you have it rotated in timer mode, plus you have to actively press the button rather than just glancing at how much time is left. Honestly, this is a very small quibble that I could fix simply by not working in a dimly lit room, but it’s really the only critique I have. All in all, this is a fun and functional desk accessory!" —Angela Reiber
Get it from Amazon for $18.99 (available in 30- and 60-minute configurations and six colors).
2. A USB-powered cooling pad for anyone whose laptop starts to sounds like a plane is taking off after working for, oh, approximately five minutes. This gadget has three fans in it to keep your computer calm, cool, and collected, so you can get your work done without much of a hassle.
Promising review: "Best purchase I have made in years. Only had it two days, but the first words out of my mouth to my wife were, 'I can work for hours like this.' If you work from home and like to work on the couch, recliner, breakfast nook, patio, etc, and you have your computer in your lap, this is an absolute must-have. Not only does it keep your legs and lap cool, but it also keeps your computer cool and able to process much more efficiently." —Trent Thiel
Get it from Amazon for $27.99+ (available in three colors).
3. A wall charger with six outlets *and* two USB fast-charging ports to keep all your devices and accessories at 100% so they won't die in the middle of that team meeting.
Promising review: "I work from home in a small apartment, and this really made my setup work the way I want it to. I need to use all six plugs, plus I like to keep my phone and Mi-Fi charging while working, too. This was the perfect thing for me to get everything plugged in and essentially retrofitted into a built-in apartment wall desk setup that was intended for the large desktop towers of the late '90s. I’m ordering a second one in hopes it transforms another part of my weird floor plan. Bonus: The USB ports seem to fast-charge my iPhone XS Max. I can go from dead to fully charged in about 90 minutes." —Moose
Get it from Amazon for $17.97 (available in two styles)
4. A Rocketbook smart–reusable notebook that takes your handwritten notes and makes them digital so when your boss asks for a recap of that meeting in your one-on-one, you can send it as an attachment and look super on top of everything.
Promising review: "Why did I not know about this before now??? I am a travel agent working from home and take loads of notes. I am so happy to be able to scan phone call notes with clients into their trip records! If they do not book right away I can scan and save notes to another file and retrieve them without leafing through a load of paper! Woo-hoo! I can see so many uses for this product for just about anyone who takes notes or even journals regularly. I see that new version was introduced to the market that has lined pages...which I felt was the only thing lacking." —ellen
Get it from Amazon for $23.56+ (available in two styles and 18 colors).
5. A shortcut keyboard cover here to make it super easy for you to remember all the shortcuts for Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Pro X, and more so you don't have to have 50 Post-it Notes with every shortcut cluttering up your space.
Chic Geeks is a Black woman–owned small business that designs luxury tech accessories to add personality and color to people's workspace.
Promising review: "I bought this keyboard cover as a gift for my niece who uses Final Cut Pro often. She absolutely loves it and discovered new shortcuts for editing. It’s totally worth the money." —Staci Rutherford
6. A glass dry-erase desktop whiteboard you can write your important reminders and "I CAN'T FORGET" notes on instead of using scraps of paper.
The environment will even thank you for reducing your paper use. The whiteboard also comes with a dry-erase marker, accessory channel (to hold the marker), and a storage drawer.
Promising review: "Never thought something analog would be SO useful in my daily routine. I work from home and am constantly project managing multiple complex strategic projects. Having pertinent information directly in front of me and top of mind has done incredible things for my productivity. Never would have imagined it would make such a difference. For a nominal investment, I highly recommend it if you have trouble keeping up with things."—Captainflapjax
Get it from Amazon for $26.39+ (available in five styles).
7. An adjustable standing desk worth the splurge because not only can you customize the height (and move it up and down during the day as you please), but it can hold up to 275 pounds, is water and scratch-resistant, and has an included cable tray to keep your desk free and clear of cords.
I am actually writing this post while using this desk, and I can confirm it is SO worth it. When I moved into a new apartment last year, I wanted an actual workspace after working from home for almost two years at this point. The desk itself is a good size — I can fit my laptop in the middle as well as other things on either side. And the adjustable part is super handy. It moves up and down smoothly and helps me not sit for too long. I highly recommend this as a gift for anyone who will be working from home for the foreseeable future.
Promising review: "I love this desk! The motors are super quiet, and it moves up and down smoothly. The tabletop (bamboo) seems very solid and durable. The base also feels solid and is heavy so it seems like it will last. I also love that you can program four custom heights that you choose and just touch a button and it goes to that height. Great desk! I recommend FlexiSpot and Kana Pro bamboo desk for sure!" —Zach
Get it from FlexiSpot for $659.99+ (available in two desktop shapes, five sizes, three frame colors, and 16 other add-ons) or a similar style (from the same company) from Amazon for $294.99+ (available in five sizes and 12 colors).
8. Or a standing desk converter if you already have a desk but want the ability to stand throughout the day. This will help make your workspace work for you.
Promising review: "When I transitioned to working at home full time, I knew I wanted to find a way to spend less time sitting. This converter is perfect — easy to move up and down, sturdy, and looks great. It's so nice to have the option of sitting or standing throughout the day." —Lyndsey S.
Get it from Fully for $239.20+ (originally $299; available in two top finish colors, two frame colors, and two sizes).
9. *ORRR* A foldable laptop stand, which is a great budget-friendly option for anyoone who wants to turn *any* desk (or kitchen table, vanity, etc.) into a *standing* desk.
It can support 20 times its weight and folds flat for easy storage.
Promising review: "This is among one of the coolest things I’ve purchased. As with lots of people, I started working from home during the pandemic, and I quickly realized how much I relied on my sit/stand desk. I started using an old shipping box to make a stand-up portion of the desk, and after a few weeks, I realized I wanted something a little better. I had intended on buying an actual sit/stand desk, but I got this instead, and I am so happy! It’s like my shipping box, only cooler, and portable.
I did have a heck of a time trying to figure out how to set it up. Honestly, it took me hours of trying until it went “POP!” and it magically happened. So I started copying the movements, and eventually, I learned just how it works. Be patient with it and it will eventually work. It’s not. But if I can do it, so can you." —Maximo
Get it from Amazon for $27.95+ (available in four sizes and colors).
10. A privacy sign great for anyone working from a full house where people like to barge in even when the door is closed.
Promising review: "I work from home, and if you do too you may also encounter this odd scenario: Merely closing the door to one’s office is not actually a reliable method to let others know you are working. I can’t say enough good things about this sign. It is a far better design and quality than expected at this price point. The sign is a dial style, and really sturdy. The dial even has a click-in-place feature to prevent your status from accidentally moving when the door swings shut. Gone are the days of people thinking you’re available when you’re not! Well, at least you have forewarned them! I am extremely happy with the sign, and can recommend it to anyone who might need a little extra assistance in deterring work interruptions!" —Conscious Consumer
Get it from Amazon for $9.95 (available in black and white).
11. A memory foam chair cushion with a nonslip rubber bottom to ensure you'll be comfortable all day long — it won't move around when you get up every once and a while to stretch your legs (and maybe pet your dog).
Promising review: "I work from home and sit at a desk in front of a computer for a minimum of 10 hours per day. I used to have to get up at least hourly for breaks that never helped to alleviate the 24/7 sciatica pain down my left leg. And long hours at my desk would leave my whole body sore. I've only had this cushion for one day, and my sciatica is barely noticeable, and I woke up today in no pain after using it yesterday. I'm a small person, so I can see how this might not be a good fit for everyone, but for me, it's already had a positive impact. I think because they are just cut foam with gel top and a thin cover that they will probably wear down easily, especially since I sit for so long, but it's a reasonable price and if I get six months at a time out of one, I'll consider that a pretty decent return on my investment. :)" —T. M.
Get it from Amazon for $44.95 (available in three colors).
12. And memory foam armrest pads because your elbows deserve just as much love as your butt does! They're sitting in their chair for the same amount of time!!!
Promising review: "I have a desk chair that I live in that I have tried various configurations on the arms to keep from bruising my elbows. Nothing has been much help. I am very glad that I gave this a try! The covers are super soft, and the memory foam works extremely well. I have only had the covers in use for a week, but already I can feel a difference. This is a product that will continue to be appreciated by my elbows." —Kindle Customer
Get them from Amazon for $18.99 (available in black and gray).
13. Wireless Bluetooth earbuds reviewers confirm are *great* AirPod dupes, but at a fraction of the cost. With stellar noise cancellation, this means you can tune out the construction your neighbors have been doing since 8 a.m. and actually focus on your work...
The earbuds come in a wireless charging case with up to 30 hours of charge. The earbuds themselves can play for up to six hours on a full charge. You also get different sized silicone tips to make sure these fit your ear perfectly.
Promising review: "I love these earbuds! The sound quality and noise canceling is super great, especially working from home and tuning out the little ones. I use them all the time during work, working out, riding my mower, or just to give me some alone time with whatever I'm watching. I was so sad when my left earbud suddenly stopped working. No charge, wouldn't turn on, even after resetting. I reached out to the company directly, since I only had them for 10 months, and to my surprise they responded so quickly offering me a new set for free! Customer service is spot on! Totally recommend them!" —Eugenia
Get it from Amazon $25.99+ (available in six colors).
14. A selfie ring light for anyone who has found themselves working in less-than-ideal lighting during a marathon of Zoom calls. This small device will make a big difference so everyone can see your beautiful face.
Promising review: "I love this light and tripod stand. No, I am not a makeup or selfie influencer, but I do work from home and have found my office lighting is terrible. When I have conference calls it is impossible to not look like I work in a dark closet. I place this light up above my computer and it has been a real game changer for my at-home setup. The lighting options are great, and I love the use of the remote for when I make training videos." —Shannon Smith
Get it from Amazon for $18.60 (available in two colors).
15. Or a clip-on style if you want something a little smaller you can easily take off your monitor after the meeting is over. It's designed with an anti-scratch metal clamp so it won't ruin your company computer you care SO much about.
The light is powered via USB and has three light colors and 10 brightness levels.
Promising review: "I don't have the best light in my living room. Working from home, I have had my fair share of Zoom and Skype meetings and without this light, my face was shaded no matter how hard I tried to get light. Now with the different shades of light as the day passes, I can change the light brightness and not look like I'm in a dungeon." —Paige Ruark
Get it from Amazon for $17.79.
16. An adjustable foam footrest designed to make sitting at a desk for eight hours more comfortable because it will bring the floor to you, which alleviates pressure in your hips and legs. You'll certainly feel more supported than when you voice a concern in a team meeting and get nothing from your colleagues.
Plus, you can remove the velvet cover for easy cleaning!
Promising review: "My feet have found heaven! After just over a year of working from home, I've finally decided to invest in some home office upgrades. I was on the fence about a footrest, but the new desk chair I had purchased had a few comfort issues, and I thought this foot rest might help address those. I wasn't wrong! From the first moment my feet landed in the plush comfort of the foam, I haven't wanted to take them off of it. As a fairly active person most of my life (basketball, horseback riding, running, etc.) I haven't been kind to my body. My back, knees, hips, and feet have all paid the price. This footrest has helped alleviate much of the daily pain I deal with, and at a far cheaper price than the ergonomic chair." —Wild-Haired Gurl
Get it from Amazon for $39.95+ (available in two styles).
17. A soundproofing strip to help block out all the surrounding noise so your coworkers can actually hear you speak instead of just the neighbor's dog barking.
PLUS: This also makes sure that your air-conditioning doesn't escape under your doors, thus saving you energy and money!
Promising review: "This product works really well! I needed a quick fix to my home office situation. I live in an apartment in Manhattan and never noticed how much sound comes in and out, until I had to be on conference calls working from home! This little tape made a big difference, took me a couple of minutes to install." —Sandra Hernandez
Get it from Amazon for $8.59+ (available in two lengths and in four colors).
18. A double-sided electronics cleaning brush that'll give your computer a good deep clean because when you work where you live, sometimes your laptop becomes a movie screen at night where a few popcorn crumbs somehow get into the keyboard. 🤷🏻♀️
The soft bristles help sweep away dust and crumbs. Plus, the bristles retract for optimal storage.
Promising review: "I WFH, so my laptop as accumulated its fair share of crumbs, dust, and other debris. This was the perfect cleaning tool. The brush side easily sweeps away particles and the rubbery wedge side helps to scrub out gunk in-between keys. The best part is that it easily fits into the pen holder on my desk." —Andrea G.
Get it from Amazon for $8.99 (available in two colors and a combo pack with a laptop cleaner).
19. Or a cleaning putty to get deep into your keys and clean up every last crumb that made its home there when you decided to have a snack during your all-hands meeting. But this cleaning putty goes beyond your computer, you can also use it to pick up small crumbs, pet hair, and dust lodged into your car air vents or other tight spaces that are usually so difficult to clean.
Promising review: "When I first saw this product, I thought 'No way is that really going to work'. And for the price it was worth a try. It truly works. I immediately used it on my laptop keyboard and my PC keyboard. It really did pull all of the dust and whatnot out from in between the keys. It feels damp to your skin and doesn't really leave a residue, the smell is not harsh and really barely there (not like an antiseptic or harsh chemical at all). I really like it. The only thing I'm not sure of is if you clean it or simply use it till you can't and then throw it out. Good product and can't wait it try it out in my car." —BRickard
Get it from Amazon for $6.99.
20. A portable monitor here to ~expand~ your working area and give you more space than your one tiny screen. It comes with a case that can act as a stand, but that also means you can take this with you if your WFH life also has you working from other places every once and a while.
Promising review: "I was hesitant to buy this monitor because I had never heard of the brand and am always a skeptic. I wanted a portable monitor for when I work from home. I also utilize this as a third monitor with my laptop and second monitor. I've had this product for almost a year and can only say great things. It works perfectly. It comes with a foldable case, which can double as a stand. It also comes with a USB-C to USB-C cable, a mini-HDMI to HDMI cable, and a power adapter (with a USB-A to USB-C cable). I couldn't have asked for a better portable monitor! Don't hesitate!" —A. C. Pham
Get it from Amazon for $189.99 (available in two styles).
21. Or a slide version designed to actually attach to your laptop and slide out whenever (and wherever) you need double the space to spread out your work. Plus, you can easily move it from room to room (or even from bed, to couch, to desk, back to bed) depending on how you spend your day.
You can use this with any Mac, PC, and Chrome laptop that's between13 and 17 inches. It attaches with magnetic device-safe metal plates, so you can move it around from room to room. Plus, you can rotate the display to customize it to fit your workstyle perfectly.
Promising review: "I recently purchased this since many of us are working from home these days. It makes my job and my life easier and does not take up space as a large monitor connected to your laptop would. The customer service rep was amazing and answered my questions. You can use the same SideTrak on a different laptop if you need to (for work/personal use). It's interchangeable. I highly recommend this monitor. I'm very happy with it." —Fightergirl
Get it from Amazon for $299.98 (available in black and silver).