32 Pieces Of Activewear That Might Just Motivate You To Crush Your Next Workout
No matter what your fitness goals are, these clothes will help you get there.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
Unless otherwise specified, all sizes in this post are listed in women’s.
1. A seamless set made to be stretchy and comfortable while still being squat-proof, which is one of the most important factors when it comes to leg day.
Promising review: "Plus size girl here, and I can say, this is good for us curvy women. I felt extremely comfortable working out with this set. Its is squat proof for leg day. It's really stretchy material that is not see through. I got an XL, and it fits perfect. I’ve received many compliments wearing this set and felt confident during my workout because I knew I looked good. Just now I ordered another color." —Rubi Lopez
Get it from Amazon for $41.99 (available in sizes XS-XL and in 45 colors, patterns, and sleeve-lengths).
2. A unitard here to make it extremely easy to figure out what to wear. No need to figure out what leggings and bra go together when you can just throw on this number and waste no time when motivation strikes.
Promising review: "I love love love the fit and feel of this! The scoop neck is flattering, yet secure, and the color is so nice! It's great for hikes, dance classes, strolling, or when I'm too lazy to put together an outfit and want to be comfortable." —Sandra O.
Get it from Girlfriend Collective for $88 (available in sizes XXS–6XL and in eight colors).
3. A pair of high-waisted running shorts made to be so lightweight you'll barely feel them when you're in the middle of a workout — but don't worry, this won't hinder your performance at all. Instead, they will enhance it so your clothes don't get in the way of you hitting your goals.
BuzzFeed Shopping editor Emma Lord loves these shorts. She says: "I recently bought these shorts because I needed some more breathable summer options, and they're phenom! I love the huge range of colors you can buy these in (at other places they often sell out too quickly to get to pick!), love that the high-waistedness of them meets about where my running crop top ends so I don't have to get bonkers with sunscreen, and love love loooooove the side pocket for my keys or face mask. I only have them in purple so far, but I'm excited to try other colors!"
Get it from Amazon for $19.19+ (available in sizes XS–3XL and 38 colors and patterns).
4. A strappy sports bra that might seem like it would be just for show, but reviewers swear it's more supportive than it looks.
Promising review: "This little workout bra is not only super cute on, but it actually supports a lot better than it's advertised to do. I didn't think I'd be able to wear this for a workout and bought it more for around the house. But once I got it, it became obvious I could wear it to the gym. I have run in this (and I'm a 34C), done burpees, box jumps, etc., and everything stays put with no pain. I've had a ton of compliments and two other people have ordered since. I tried one just to see how it fit and then immediately ordered two more." —Jasmine
Get it from Amazon for $13.99+ (available in sizes S–XXL and 30 colors and patterns).
5. Abstract zebra print leggings for anyone who needs a little extra ~oomph~ when it comes to motivation. Because once you slip these on, you'll feel like a GD star ready to tackle whatever your fitness instructor throws at your way (yes, even burpees!).
Rochelle Porter Design is a Black woman-owned business that has been creating bold print activewear in Atlanta, Georgia since 2015. Many of the prints are inspired by the designer's Caribbean roots. These leggings have a four-way stretch and are made with microfiber yarn.
Promising review: "I love these leggings! They stay put and everyone loves the pattern!" —Christa
6. A three-pack of compression tops made with moisture-wicking fabric to keep you dry and comfortable during even the most intense workout.
Promising review: "These are great shirts. I use them for jujitsu, and I don't have to worry that they will ride up when I'm rolling. I also wear them as an overshirt for CrossFit. They are lightweight and soft. They definitely run small. I usually wear a medium and got a large, they are still a bit tight. 5'6"/155lbs/athletic build." —Avid Shopper
Get a three-pack from Amazon for $33.86 (available in sizes S–3X and 10 color combinations).
7. Pocket leggings with a secure, no-slip fit so you won't have to worry about stopping every five minutes in your yoga class to adjust your pants.
Superfit Hero is a female-founded brand focusing on creating activewear in inclusive sizing that fits well. All of their clothing is offered up to size 7XL. Everything is ethically made in Los Angeles, California.
Promising review: "I absolutely LOVE these leggings! They're thick and comfortable, the pockets are great, and they don't bunch up or wrinkle." —Laurie E.
Get them from SuperFit Hero for $95 (available in sizes L–7X and in four colors).
8. A zippered running jacket I'm convinced might be the unicorn of workout jackets because it can do it all. Not only is it compressive enough to keep you warm during a cold morning run, but it also has mesh panels to prevent overheating, is sweat-wicking, has thumbholes, *AND* (maybe the coolest feature of them all) has built-in mittens!
Promising review: "This jacket has built-in mittens! Don't believe me, check my photo. Often when I go for a run I think, 'no, it's too warm for gloves.' Then a mile in my hands are ice, literal ice. I have two Under Armour tops with these kinds of built-in mittens and I LOVE them. I would like this jacket even if it didn't have the awesome built-in mittens. Finally, a zip-up workout jacket that fits, without paying $90. Built-in mitts forever!" —NN Dye
Get it from Amazon for $27.99+ (available in sizes XS–XXL and 40 colors, patterns, and styles).
9. A pair of textured pocket leggings worth the splurge because not only are they made from recycled polyester, but they also have UPF 50+ and are made to be breathable so you can wear them for every outdoor workout you do. *And* the pattern is so cute that you may even want to wear these when you're not working out.
Promising review: "These are my go to leggings for everything. I love the thicker fabric and the texture. The compression is also great and I'm able to run in these leggings, lift weights and do yoga. I love these leggings!" —Kenzie R
Get them from Athleta for $98 (available in sizes XXS–3X and in two colors).
10. A short-sleeve top with a twist back and a feature at the bottom you can tie in a knot so any extra fabric doesn't get in the way as you level up to those heavier dumbbells.
Promising review: "Wow, these tops absolutely blew my mind. They’re light, breathable, yet provide coverage. The open back detail is very cute and I love the knotted detailing as well. I can literally wear these with any workout outfit and feel totally comfortable in it. If you’ve been debating on getting this, don’t! Totally worth every penny!" —Kaitlin
Get it from Amazon for $18.99 (available in sizes S–XL and in 10 colors).
11. The "ultimate" sports bra with more than 19,000 5-star reviews raving about how it fits all different bodies and keeps boobs of all shapes and sizes in place.
Shefit is a woman-founded business that has been making customizable sports bras since 2010. You can customize not only the fit of the bra but also the support. In this specific bra, the straps can be adjusted and also worn as an X-back or H-back. Plus, sizes 1Luxe and up have 1.25 inches of extra padding in the straps. The bra also has has a 2-inch bust band that works to stabilize the breast tissue and make it more comfortable, no matter how hard your workout is.
Promising review: "I am a fitness instructor who has struggled to find a supportive sports bra. This bra is perfect. I love that I can adjust it. It’s easy to care for. I will be buying more." —Christine S.
Get it from SheFit for $75 (available in sizes XS–6Luxe and in nine colors and patterns).
12. Seamless leggings to help ensure you have a ~seamless~ workout and don't have to stop mid-set to adjust the waistband that's been distracting you.
Promising review: "I am insanely picky when it comes to clothes, especially gym clothes. These leggings are sweat proof, squat proof, made of great material, and flattering as hell. Definitely recommend. Will be buying in every color lol." —Laina Torries
Get them from Amazon for $22.95+ (available in sizes XXS–XXL and in 38 colors, patterns, and styles).
13. A long-sleeved tee perfect to throw on when you need a little extra coverage but don't want to overheat 30 seconds later. This top is also great during warmups and also post workout.
14. An affordable high-impact sports bra to keep your boobs in place no matter how big or small they are.
Promising review: "I run half marathons and have DDD boobs and a small frame. I was getting crazy burn marks from other sports bras with underwire. This is amazing. For me, it fits around the ribs (I got the 32E) and the bra band stays in place, doesn't move, really holds my breasts down, and fits comfortably. Everyone that sees it thinks it's such a cute design and the back is cute too. I have one in pink and black. I just bought the one in blue tonight. You also can't beat this price. Highly recommend this sports bra! They're all I wear to workout (I do HIIT, yoga, boot camp type activities, and train/run half-marathons)." —jacquelyn Keeley
Get it from Amazon for $21.99+ (available in 32A–44E and in 15 colors).
15. A pair of Lululemon Wunder leggings combining comfort and support (minus any pilling) into one great pair you can wear for years.
There's a lot of buzz around Lululemon leggings and if they're worth it. Well, let me tell you that these are one of my favorite pairs of leggings I've ever owned. I also have a pair of their Aligns, which are supposed to be everyone's favorite, and while I like them, I LOVE this style. These leggings are so comfortable yet supportive. I've worn them for every type of workout, including dance classes, weight lifting, and even yoga. And just like the below reviewer, I've had them for more than a year, they haven't pilled at all, which is something I cannot say about my Align leggings. I know these are a bit pricey for leggings, but I think this style is totally worth it.
Promising review: "Aligns pilling when working out? Other legging not comfy for lounging? Want to have an all-in-one legging so you’re not wasting cash on different types? THIS IS FOR YOU! I’ve had a pair for over two years with no pilling and look new every time! I wear these running, cycling, and lifting weights! Plus, they're so comfy to just lounge with a sweatshirt." —Robynsmith
Get them from Lululemon for $98+ (available in sizes 0–20, three lengths, and 14 colors and patterns).
16. An open-back tank top with built-in strappy bra you'll love if you have a larger bust, because it'll keep you supported whether you're doing yoga or running.
Promising review: "OMG, this is the BEST workout top EVER! I'm really busty (38DD) and have always struggled to find sports bras that really hold the girls down but won't come undone (like the zip-up ones). It hugs you tight on top and is supportive enough that you feel secure, and is loose at the bottom, so it's not tight around your midsection. Size up if you're busty like me! I normally wear a L but decided to buy an XL due to others' advice and it fits perfectly. I'm going to buy more, I love it so much!" —Brittany
Get it from Amazon for $24.99+ (available in sizes S–XXL and in 18 colors and patterns).
17. A long-sleeved top with a hood reviewers confirm stays in place while running, so you can focus on getting a new PR and not pulling your hood up every few minutes as the wind pushes it back down.
Promising review: "I purchased the top for running, and it’s become my favorite as it’s so comfy against my skin and doesn’t ride up. It’s pretty clingy so I’d recommend you go up a size if you don’t want it too snug. The hood stays put and keeps your neck warm which is an added bonus, and the top seems to be pretty windproof too." —Wooski
Get it from Nordstrom for $78 (available in sizes XS–XL and in three colors).
18. A lightweight performance tank perfect for just about any workout but also other occasions too. This versatile top can even be worn swimming or on just your daily adventures. We love a top that can do it all. Oh — and I almost forgot. It has UPF 50+ protection, which makes it great for any outdoor sweat sesh (or swim).
Promising review: "This is a quality workout top for the price. I bought five of them. They're very thin but not see through and keep me cool. Definitely the most comfortable workout tops I've owned. The fit in the chest and waist are perfect for me. I look great in them! I would definitely recommend them. I think they would also be good for swimming, but I haven't tried wearing them for that yet." —emily
Get it from Amazon for $5.17+ (available sizes 1X–5X, 16–32 and seven colors).
19. A two-piece workout set you'll be ~feeling~ yourself so much in you'll go for that finisher even harder and snap an epic workout selfie when you're done. Look at you go!
Promising review: "The fit of this set is amazing. The pants fit snug but still have breathing room. The top is a little tight against my back but nothing that would stop me from wearing it. I will be purchasing more pieces. It felt great the entire time during my workout. Material is very soft, and I do not have to keep pulling my pants up during my exercises." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $25.88+ (available in sizes S–XXL and in 16 colors and styles).
20. A medium impact sports bra made to be a hybrid between a sports bra and a crop top so you only have to wear one thing during your workout and don't have extra layers weighing you down.
I own this sports bra, and it's one of my favorites. The longline style is perfect for wearing on its own, while being supportive enough for more high-impact workouts. I own it in white but have been eyeing the other colors because I wear mine at least once a week.
Get it from Spanx for $68 (available in sizes XS–2X and in four colors).
21. A racerback muscle tank so you can show off that cute sports bra (and your muscles, of course).
Promising review: "I teach fitness classes multiple times per week. This is my go-to top! I have it in six colors. I love the cut on the arm opening up to the neck. Also, the arm opening is low enough to show off a cute sports bra while also being loose enough to maintain appropriateness while 'working.' They wash and dry really well too. It fits true to size." —Ticket81
Get a three-pack from Amazon for $22.79+ (available in sizes XS–XL and 10 color combinations).
23. Or a racer-back sports bra if you're looking for a different spot to stash your phone. The back has a pocket specifically designed to fit your phone, so you can listen to music or podcasts during your morning workout.
24. A pair of stirrup leggings to ensure everything actually stays in place even if you try to hit the super hard poses in your yoga class that usually intimidate you. Not today!
Promising review: "I like having the stirrups on these leggings, they help keep them from riding up during exercise and also remind me of the stirrup trend during the eighties/nineties. The material is so soft and they are very comfortable to wear for fitness or errands around town!" —anonymous
Get them from Old Navy for $30+ (available in sizes XS-4X, S–XXL Tall, XS–XL Petite and in three colors).
25. A set of crop tank tops that hit perfectly above high-waisted leggings so you don't have extra fabric bunched up around your stomach.
Promising review: "I love these! I am definitely not a crop top type of girl, but I decided to try these out for the gym since I like something that doesn’t move too much when I run or lift. With high-waisted leggings, these barely show any skin and are extremely breathable and comfortable." —Desi Brown
Get a four-pack from Amazon for $26.29+ (available in sizes S–L and in seven color variations).
26. A two-tone long sleeved bodysuit, or in other words, your new go-to workout outfit. Not only is it super beautiful, but it will also let you go through your yoga flow feeling like the strong superstar you are.
Solely Fit is a Black woman-owned brand creating beautiful functional activewear. The pieces are made to work out and hang out in. This bodysuit is made from a mix of polyester and spandex, so it fits comfortably.
Get it from Solely Fit for $144 (available in sizes XS–XL and in two color combinations).
27. Printed bike shorts for when you're feeling ~wild~. And by wild, I mean you want to try that workout class labeled "hard" that you've haven't felt quite ready for yet. These will be as supportive as your workout buddy telling you "you can do this!"
Promising review: "These are amazinggggg! So buttery soft and comfortable. A lot of shorts ride up and move around while working out, but these did not. So soft and comfy. I want to get more for workouts and just hanging out. I LOVE these. They look just like the picture and fit perfectly." —Jennifer
Get them from Amazon for $17.99+ (available in sizes XS–XXL and in 17 colors and patterns).
28. Leggings with side pockets to fit your phone and keys, so you can conveniently keep your valuables safe without having to awkwardly hold them.
Promising review: "These are my new favorite workout pants! They are so comfortable, look and feel great and, have two side pockets. Those side pockets fit my iPhone comfortably and there is plenty of room left. It’s so practical. I think they run a little big and the fabric is also kind of stretchy. I could probably go with one smaller size and still be fine. I like it how it is, but it is something to consider. I'm definitely going to order more!" —Jessica Anne
Get them from Amazon for $15.99+ (available in sizes S–XL and in 36 colors and styles).
29. A three-pack of compression tank tops that'll ensure your shirt won't fall down and cover your face while you're doing a downward dog.
Promising review: "These are GREAT! They're made of a super-soft material and are perfect for working out. They are by no means 'compression' material but are great for keeping you cool while exercising. I'm usually XS, but the small fits well. They're not skintight but do cling nicely to my figure. I'm in love!" —Leah
Get a three-pack from Amazon for $21.89 (available in sizes XS–3X and seven color combinations).
30. A pair of period running shorts designed to hold up to two tampons worth of fluid, so you can wear them during your light to medium days for ultimate comfort during your workout sesh.
The shorts are made to be anti-bacterial and with odor-reducing layers. Just be sure to pre-rinse by hand in cold water (after wearing) and then machine wash on delicate in cold water in a mesh laundry bag. You can wash with your other clothes and tumble dry on low.
Promising review: "I got two pairs (pink and green),and they are so comfortable, and the pattern is adorable! I love how the shorts allow me to move around in them completely. My favorite part is the liner thing they have for your period — it’s SOOOOOO HELPFUL." —Sydney
Get them from Aerie for $24.97 (originally $49.95; available in sizes XXS–XXL and in four colors).
31. A printed workout set, which comes with a stamp of approval from a fitness instructor, and you know that's the highest compliment because they wear activewear every day like it's their job (oh right — it is).
Reviewers do say it runs small and recommend ordering a size up.
Promising review: "As a fitness instructor, I’m always looking for cute workout clothes that are functional. This holds up during HIIT, weight lifting, mixed martial arts, etc! Plus, I’ve received a lot of compliments 😁." —Kristin Giles
Get it from Amazon for $25.99+ (available in sizes XS–XL and in 38 colors and patterns).