27 Ways To Decorate Your Home And Make It Even Cozier Than Ever
Easy things you can do to make your home a little more home-y.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. Hang a hammock chair in a corner so you can take your chill time to ~new heights~. Just put your phone on "Do Not Disturb" and relax.
2. Place a storage ladder in your living room — not only will it add a nice flair, but it'll also be a great place to store your blankets so you can easily grab one as you snuggle into the couch for the night.
3. Or try a large storage basket that'll hide the blankets and add a ~pop~ of color and fun to the room at the same time.
4. Invest in an L-shaped couch that'll make it so much easier for you to actually lounge and be comfortable (rather than trying to lie down with your feet balancing on your coffee table).
5. Toss a throw pillow on your bed to remind yourself of the appropriate response when someone asks you to go out on Friday night.
6. Add a reversible shag and sherpa throw blanket to a chair. It's so cozy, you might even try to wear it out of the house. Hey, if Lenny Kravitz can wear a blanket as a scarf, so can you!
7. Put a wine rack somewhere you can see it — that way you can stock up on your favorites and have them on hand at all times.
8. Invest in a lift top coffee table to make working from home a dream and a half. Plus, when you're done working, you can store your laptop and other electronics inside the coffee table itself so you always know where they are.
9. Place a faux bouquet on your counter because real flowers are great, but buying fresh flowers gets expensive, especially when they die so fast. These beauties will add some life to the room without the fear of seeing them dead in only a couple of days.
10. Add a faux sheepskin area rug to the floor next to your bed (or anywhere else TBH), and you'll have a soft place to land when you get up in the morning.
11. Place a table behind your sofa so you can keep the things you need most close by and *also* display the items that really and truly bring you joy.
12. Place a shag area rug on your floor to warm up the room and make it so your feet aren't always cold when you walk around.
13. Hang a mirror in basically any (or every) room. Lighting reflects off mirrors to make the room feel bigger, which is a great thing no matter how big (or small) your home is.
14. Put a vanity tray on top of a dresser or coffee table as a nice little place to store things you love, such as candles, perfume, a diffuser, or other small trinkets.
15. Get yourself an AeroGarden — not only will it serve as some added greenery for your home, but it'll also give you fresh herbs to add to your dinner so you don't have to run to the store when you forget an ingredient.
16. Add a ceramic table lamp on your bedside table to add some texture to the room — and so you don't have to turn off the lights and then run and jump into your bed in the dark.
17. Use a shelving unit in your bathroom to organize all your towels and display your bath salts, lotions, and other toiletries so you can see them more easily and let them remind you that taking a bath is a very good idea every night.
19. Replace your old and worn out pillowcases with a couple velvet throws that will be such a soft place to rest your head while you're sitting on the couch.
20. Put some floating shelves on your wall, because it's about time you got things out of the way in your home so you can actually use and enjoy all the space you have.
21. Organize all your books on a nice-looking bookshelf and you'll actually be able to see what's in your "to be read" pile and (possibly) end up reading those books you've always told yourself you would.
22. Upgrade up your less-than-great couch situation for a futon. It's comfortable, looks amazing, and you'll have a place for your friends to sleep when they crash because your home really is too great to leave.
23. Hang some blackout curtains in your bedroom so you can, once and for all, get those eight hours of sleep you've been failing to get because the sun is too bright and wakes you up in the morning.
24. Add a bar cart so you can keep all your glasses and bottles together and ready for when it's time to make yourself a drink.
25. Use a faux fur ottoman as a soft place to rest your feet, an extra seat, or more to really make your home as comfy as can be.
26. Stick some mosaic film on your windows so you can let light in at all hours of the day without worrying about your neighbors seeing you walking around in your underwear. Bonus: the light will reflect rainbow-like colors throughout your home.
27. And, finally, put a doormat outside to let people know that, yes, you are in fact inside, but you don't need any visitors.
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.