Just 27 Really Cool Pet Products You've Probably Never Seen Before
Warning: cute photos of dogs, cats, birds, and more pets enjoying fun products ahead.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A wall-mounted customizable cat bed guests will probably have no idea is a cat toy when they see it because it doubles as a piece of art until little Frodo jumps into it and makes it his home. Cue the *aweeees*.
Before adding this to your cart, click the 'Customize Now' button to choose from seven wood colors, five print designs, how many hexagons you want, how many acrylic windows you'd like, the shape of the step, if you'd like felt, and if you'd like a pillow. There are pictures of all these options on the product page to help you decide.
BTW — Enjoy the Wood is an Ukraine-based small family biz that makes wooden maps, notebooks, pet beds, and more by hand.
Promising review: "I love these cat hexagons and so do my cats!!! I was looking for something stylish and functional for my cats and I couldn’t be happier with this purchase. Assembly takes patience but I never felt like I was going to snap any of the pieces during the process like some of the other reviews state. I did buy more heavy duty hardware before I assembled these to be on the safe side. Thanks for the great new addition to my office space, Igor!!" —d r
2. A yacht dog float specifically designed with puncture-resistant material *and* a treat compartment so your furry BFF can join you for every pool day in style. You'll be ~seas-ing~ the day with this super cool float.
3. A tabletop toy because even your bird needs a way to work their brain and channel their curiosity while hitting a three-pointer as the buzzer sounds.
Okay, maybe that last part is something you can add, but just think how fun it will be to play with these toys together! Bird bonding time has never been better.
Promising review: "I love it. It's super easy to assemble and came with all the hardware I needed including the screwdriver. No off-putting chemical smells and everything seems sturdy enough that he’d have to be trying to break it. I’ll definitely be using this brand of bird toy again!" —Morgan
Get it from Amazon for $6.99+ (available in four variations).
4. A pair of adjustable fit protective leggings that not only look hilarious but are also made to be an alternative to booties since they're easier to slip on (and keep on) your pup. But be warned, now you'll have to excuse not to take them out for a walk when it's raining or even snowing.
Promising review: "I absolutely love these! I've had no trouble putting them on, they're so cute, and do the job. With all the salt everywhere, we don’t have to keep stopping to clean a paw." —Angela S.
Get it from Walkee Paws for $36.99 (available in sizes XS–L and five patterns). Plus, get 15% off sitewide with our exclusive code WALKEEBUZZ at checkout!
5. A cat activity center because it's time to lean into the term "fur baby." This activity center has four dangling toys that reviewers say keep their cats (no matter their ages) entertained and happy. And you know that happy cat = happy life.
Promising review: "My cat is an 'only child' and super spoiled, so she has lots of toys. But this is a special favorite of hers. She not only likes to play with the toys dangling from it, but also loves to just sit and chill on the mat part. It didn’t seem super sturdy to me at first, but she’s a 10 lb+ chonk, and there haven’t been any issues. It's definitely worth the money to see how happy it makes her!" —McLady
Get it from Amazon for $17.99.
6. A UFO dog tag here to show everyone just how ~out of this world~ amazing your pup is.
BTW — Baubles Dog is a small Ukraine-based biz that has been creating unique id collars and tags for both cats and dogs since 2013!
Promising review: "This tag is SO cute! I was looking for a tag option with a little more personality and this fit the bill perfectly. Not only is it well made, but it shipped and arrived quickly, and came with two different sized rings to attach the tags. Overall, an extremely pleasant experience, and I’m so pleased with the results!" —Rachel
7. A bearded dragon harness with wings to transform your lizard into the fierce flying dragon you know they are and take them for a walk at the same time. Sorry, fire breathing not included.
Promising review: "It took some finesse to get it on him at first since he kept pulling his legs out but once I got it on, it worked like a charm. This was a first for my beardie so it took him some getting used to before he moved on his own. It’s pretty cute too." —Chrisp
Get it from Amazon for $7.99.
8. A dog crate credenza people might not even realize is a bed for your dog because it will blend right into your home decor. Your dog has seamlessly integrated themself into your life, so their stuff should, too.
Promising review: "This product just arrived today. It was pretty easy to put together, and I was able to do it on my own. Granted two people would have been much easier, but it is not difficult to put together with one person. I love this crate/ table way more than I thought I would! The only issue I had was that the front right door does have a scratch on it, but honestly I love it so much that I don’t particularly care about the scratch it can easily be hidden with a black marker. I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a multipurpose piece!" —Jess
Get it from Chewy for $549.99.
9. A bucket wheel specifically designed to be near silent so your hamster, hedgehog, or gerbil can run as fast as their little heart desires all night long without waking up the whole household.
BTW — This small biz is based in Linwood, North Carolina and has been creating these wheels since 2010.
Promising review: "I'll never buy another wheel again! This one absolutely lives up to the hype. You truly cannot hear your creature running on this wheel. My hedgehog loves it! I love it because it's easy to clean, very quiet, and sturdy. I am SO happy with my purchase. Thank you, CarolinaStorm!" —elozen
10. A litter box and lid scoop set for a quirky addition to your home you won't mind having sit out. Be careful though, your cat may start requesting you play Watermelon Sugar on loop all day (not that that's a bad thing!).
Promising review: "If you have to have your litter box in an exposed area and your style is fun and funky — this is perfect. The little stoop that catches the litter is a life changer. So far, everything seems really well made. My only complaint would be that the very cute pink litter sifter it comes with has larger holes than I like. But if I ever need a second litter box I would buy this again in one of the other colors!" —Ashley R.
Get it from Amazon for $129.99 (available in two styles).
11. A legs-out dog carrier perfect for anyone who wants to take their pup on adventures, even if they're not up to walking the whole time. The carrier is water-repellant, has adjustable straps, and a lash attachment to keep your dog safe. Plus, you can also use it as a backpack, if that's what you prefer.
Promising review: "I have a 3.5 lb. Morkie puppy who I carry with me almost every place that I go. The carrier is water-repellent and has a soft mesh front that allows easy air flow. The neck area is soft and will not press into your little one's neck. The shoulder straps are soft and won't cut into your body from the weight of your pup. I love the fact that my hands are free to carry bags while my little one enjoys the luxury of being carried. Also, I can relax knowing that my baby is in sight, close to me and safe from direct contact with the public (especially with the current pandemic). Initially, it took a few minutes to get my fur baby accustomed to being placed in the carrier. After a few days, she was very comfortable with the routine. I am extremely happy with this purchase!" —Traci
Get it from Amazon for $24.99+ (available in sizes S-XL and six colors).
12. A small pet snack puzzle board because your bunny needs as much mental stimulation as any other pet. This board has seven lids they have to figure out how to lift to find the treats inside.
Let's just hope your small animal can figure this out better than my family's puppy who got so frustrated with one of these that she shoved it across the floor in defeat.
Promising review: "This was recommended to me by another bunny mom. I wasn't sure about getting it, because my bunny is so picky and mostly likes to play with his toys without anyone watching! Anyway, I got this for my bunny for Christmas and to my surprise, he not only liked it but he got the hang of it very quickly! He had a lot of fun with it! Before I got this, I used to play the 'where is it?' game with light plastic measuring cups I got for him to toss around. So now, he nudges his measuring cups and looks at me as if he's asking to play with this toy. It makes me so happy to now have something that we can play with together." —Ducky EMTP
Get it from Amazon for $9.47.
13. An automatic water fountain here to keep your kitten oh-so hydrated. Apparently, cats know that running water is safer than still water, so if you have a picky drinker, this fountain may be your solution. Plus, it will be a cute addition to your home.
It comes with three replacement filters and a mat.
Promising review: "My cat likes to drink out of the toilet. I bought her a $60 stainless steel teardrop fountain which she never used (not to mention how loud it is). I tried closing the toilet to force her to drink out of it, but then she resorted to meowing next to the sink. So I asked my sister, who is a vet, what I should do. She suggested a flower fountain since cats are more inclined to drink out of them. This thing is amazing. It is DEAD silent with the flower cap on, and without it it has a nice waterfall sound. My cat, even with the toilet bowl open, consistently chooses to drink from this. It’s been a lifesaver. I honestly do not have a single bad thing to say about this." —Minno Durkin
Get it from Amazon for $26.99 (available in two colors).
14. A pint of maple bacon ice cream you should probably warn everyone in your family is for the dog. This sweet treat is a perfect way to celebrate their birthday, gotcha day, or even just a random Tuesday, just because you love them so much. Reviewers rave about how pups lick this stuff right up!
Promising review: "My dog can be picky, so I was unsure about this, but she loved it! I bought it for her birthday, and she licked it up without hesitation. She particularly liked it when it was half melted. Didn't cause her any tummy troubles either. I would definitely try this in other flavors." —Courtney Gantt
Get it from Amazon for $8.99 (available in three flavors).
15. A DJ deck scratching toy I'm pretty sure will be great entertainment for both you and your cat. It's designed with a spinnable deck and posable arm your cat can paw at as they drop some sick beats, of course.
Promising review: "This is an awesome product. I must admit — I thought it looked cool, but I had low expectations about its future as a cat toy. I mean cats never do what you want/expect, so I doubted they would be scratchin' many records. Boy, was I wrong! Ten minutes after putting it together, they were already DJ Jazzy Dax and hype boys Sputnik and Gatsby were droppin' some block rockin' beats. I can't say for sure that your cats will like it, but mine have been all about that bass since it was delivered a couple of days ago." —Jude Harris
Get it from Amazon for $33.90 (available in four styles).
16. Some portable bowls you can easily roll up and take with you to the park, beach, or even to grandma's for the weekend. The bowls are made with durable silicone but collapse easily so you can transport them super easily.
17. A betta fish leaf hammock because even fish deserve some R&R. Yes, really! Your betta fish can use this leaf as place to take a break from swimming all the time.
This leaf does arrive with a wire inside, so just be sure to remove it before adding to the tank.
Promising review: "I had a problem with my betta sleeping near the filter and getting stuck on it. These leaves are his new bed. He’s always resting on them. Great way to provide as a resting spot for your betta!" —Rose Moon
Get two from Amazon for $6.98.
18. A water-repellent dog tote that's designed with all the features to spoil your pup during your weekend adventures. It has a padded chin rest at the base of the open window, a removable pillow inside, built-in leash, and a waste bag dispenser conveniently on the outside of the bag. There's no stopping you two when Friday at 5 p.m. hits.
BTW, Just Fred is a female-founded pet lifestyle brand based in Brooklyn, NY. The brand creates cruelty-free products for pets that promote self-expression and inclusivity.
Promising review: "My puppy wouldn’t take to any other carry cases for travel and I was so nervous to take him on his first flight. I ordered the just Fred weekend tote and he he did SO WELL! The compartments were super helpful, it was lightweight and the perfect size and he was so much less anxious because his head was able to stay out. Highly recommend." —Casey K.
Get it from Just Fred for $245+ (available in two sizes).
19. A baguette catnip toy that won't be a ~le pain~ to get your cat to enjoy — it's filled with more than two tablespoons of strong organic catnip, so they're sure to enjoy as hundreds of reviewers confirm!
BTW — Mini Tiger Design is a Canadian-based small biz creating handmade adorable cat toys (which make perfect gifts!).
Promising review: "Oh my goodness. This is, without a doubt, Oslo's favourite toy. He plays with it every single day, several times throughout the day. Now because of this, it's only been a week and a half and it is looking rough... BUT it's still holding together! I'm honestly surprised because Oslo is not gentle with it. Highly recommend — I will definitely be purchasing more!" —Vivian Cho
20. A bike-mounted leash attachment perfect for anyone whose pup needs A LOT of exercise — more than a normal walk can handle. Attach this to your bike, and the toy of you can hit the streets and go for a ~ride~ without having to fumble with a comfortable way to hold the leash.
Promising review: "Brilliantly designed and built, with high-quality materials. Easy to install below seat. My 2-year-old retriever weighs 70 pounds and loves to run. Now, he can safely run beside me. We just took our first ride with Walky Dog and it was great. Walked him connected to bike for 100 yards first. The adjustable spring functioned well. I could feel some tugs, but stability was not an issue. Installed on the left to avoid long hair in the bike chain. Looking forward to many fun rides with my loyal friend. Take water and use a harness with D-ring on top. Went slow for about one mile and practiced turns and stops. No problem. Wore heavy gloves and helmet just in case. Highly recommended." —Peter
Get it from Amazon for $79.98.
21. A set of elevated cat bowls made to be angle to reduce neck strain in your cat. The wide style of the bowls also prevent whisker fatigue and the stainless steel mean these bowls will look chic as hell in your home. Yes, it's totally okay to spoil your princess with these bowls.
Promising review: "I have always had a problem with my one cat vomiting undigested food. My vet told me she was probably eating too fast. I stumbled upon an ad on Facebook stating the bowl position was the reason for cats vomiting; bowls resting on the floor put their neck at an odd angle and can cause acid reflux. I’ve used them for about two weeks and my cat has not vomited once! It was almost a daily occurrence prior to purchasing these! I did have to rest their old bowls inside these to get them to eat. But after a few days I could put the food directly into these bowls and they did not complain." —kindlefire09-8
Get it from Amazon for $22.99.
22. A pet onesie, because I can't stop laughing at the pictures of animals wearing it, but hear me out — it's super useful. Not only will it prevent your pet's hair from getting everywhere, but reviewers also say it reduces anxiety in some dogs, prevents them from licking hot spots, and even protects them from the elements. Plus, they'll look just so darn cute in it.
Just a warning that every dog may not enjoy putting this on or keeping it on for long periods of time! But reviewers love it for helping keep their houses hair-free (especially if they have allergies) and for stopping pets from licking hot spots or stitches.
Promising review: "Our little Abby has stage 4 lymphoma and severe allergies. This little outfit has helped stop scratching, and it reduces her anxiety. We tried one vet recommended but it didn’t do the job & was hot. It’s hot enough in Florida so we wanted something as comfortable as possible. Abby is now on chemo and doing better. Her onesie protects her bald spots from elements. She’s our darling fur baby so we ‘re very thankful to make her much more comfortable!" —CMS
Get it from Amazon for $39.99 (available in sizes XXXS–XXL and in five colors).
23. A cactus scratching post that won't ~suc~ having in your home because not only is it super cute, but your kitten will also love climbing and playing all over it.
Promising review: "My cat LOVES this thing. She is constantly running up and down it and standing on top of it. Excellent quality and the rope is holding up well after a few months of heavy scratching. My cat would previously scratch on my couch, so I knew I had to get her another scratcher to put closer to it. But none I could find were more appealing than our couch until I bought this cactus. Haven't seen her scratch on the couch in months." —Tatiana
Get it from Amazon for $98.99 (available in three sizes).
24. A toy kit made out of natural rubber and cotton *and* a reinforced core for added strength your puppy will love to play with and chew on without destroying.
My family's puppy loves these toys. The minute we opened up the box, she was enamored. She was 9 weeks old when we got the toys and biting a lot. In the first couple of days, she would seriously have all three toys around her and none of the other perfectly good toys we got her. These toys are perfect for her to both play with and chew on. She plays with them a lot every single day. I like that they don't look like traditional dog toys, and they're better than most of the toys you find at the pet store. Yes, they are a bit pricier than most, but the quality is worth it for the price.
Get it from Wild One for $36 (originally $39; available in four colors).
25. An acrylic four-panel dog gate because having a pet shouldn't mean that your home has to scream "I HAVE A PET." This classy gate will prevent your dog from getting into any part of your home they're not allowed. You'll ~clearly~ love this so much.
26. A set of mini-sneakers your feathered friend will love to chew on ~sole~ very much. And you'll enjoy watching them, too.
Promising review: "My African Grey parrot loves her sneakers! I untie the laces and then retie two ends together and hang them over a perch or a cage bar. She patiently will link by link pull up her sneaker and take great pleasure in completely destroying them." —Cher M
Get a pack of six from Amazon for $10.29.
27. And a La-Z-Boy sofa for your "Lazy Boy" to find a comfortable place to snooze all day that's not your couch.
Promising review: "Our 82-lb English Bulldog loves it. He has figured out a way to lay out and get extremely comfortable for the entire day. The armrest on the sofa makes a great head rest for this guy. It's a sturdy little sofa, and it helps keep him off my couch. I love it!!" —Sheila Burch
Get it from Amazon for $229.95.
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.