We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Some may have been sent as samples, but all opinions and reviews are our own. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
Unless otherwise specified, all sizes in this post are listed in women’s.
1. A two-piece sweater-and-shorts knit set you'll be comfy in yet still feel a little put together even though your alarm went off at 4:15 a.m. because it was a different version of you who decided it was a totally great idea to book a 6 a.m. flight... 😒
I mean, the price might be cheaper, but at what cost???
Promising review: "I bought this as my travel outfit for the plane on vacation and loved it! It was a little loose and perfect for the plane." —Katelyn Marchase
Get it from Amazon for $29.99+ (available in sizes XS-XXL and in 26 colors and patterns).
2. An "Airplane Poncho" otherwise known as a long sweatshirt. You may start calling it your Goldilocks sweatshirt because it'll keep you the perfect temperature on the flight.
I recently wore this on a weekend trip and have to say it may be my new favorite travel sweatshirt. It's on the thinner side, but I think that's okay because sometimes planes can actually be very warm. I love the longer length of the sweatshirt because it paired perfectly with my leggings, and I was able to be comfortable my whole flight. It keep me covered and yet I did not overheat at all. I can't wait to wear it on more flights.
Get it from Pact for $78 (available in sizes XS–XXL and in six colors).
3. A pair of pleated palazzo pants made to be stretchy yet actually look super nice. If you're only traveling with a carry-on, this is a great option because these pants are so cute, you're def going to wear them multiple times during your trip, which means you can pack less (and in turn, buy more souvenirs!).
Reviewers do say that this pants can be a bit see-through (depending on color), so just choose your undergarments wisely!
Promising review: "I love these pants. I wore them to the airport on way to Jamaica. So comfortable. They are lightweight but warm enough for the plane ride. Definitely adding them to my regular wardrobe too. I need all the colors." —Morgan S
Get it from Amazon for $17.75+ (available in sizes S–XL and in 20 colors).
4. Slouchy overalls made with lightweight fabric *and* deep pockets, which are both essential while traveling. And the fact that you can wear these with so many different shirts underneath (we're talking tank tops, T-shirt, long-sleeved, turtlenecks, ect.), means this is a versatile piece you can travel in no matter the time of year.
Some reviewers recommend sizing down, unless you're tall!
Promising review: "The pocket in front is very handy. It feels like I'm wearing nothing. The overalls are light and flow-y. The fabric quality could be better — it may not last long, but it's inexpensive. I get so many compliments when I wear them. I wore them for plane travel and on the beach in Maui and Mexico and were perfect for all. Would I purchase again? Hell yeah. Size down possibly, they are slightly large." —Jamie Pauluk
Get them from Amazon for $18.99+ (available in sizes S–3XL and in 21 colors and prints).
5. Joggers meant to be an upgrade to those ratty ones you've def been wearing for a few years too long. These will still feel just as good, but you won't be embarrassed to be in them if you run into someone you know at the airport.
Promising review: "These are warm, cozy, perfect for plane trips or Sunday grocery shopping. They are high rise on me, but I'm only 5 feet and don't mind since they are exercise/loungewear. I already have two pairs, and I need all the colors!" —Ash
Get them from Amazon for $28.99 (available in sizes XS–3X and 16 colors).
6. A crewneck sweater made from a lightweight fabric so you're not too hot yet not too cold when you wear it.
Promising review: "I bought this as I needed a lightweight sweatshirt to wear on the plane from cold to a warm climate. This sweatshirt worked great. It was heavy enough with a T-shirt underneath and light enough that I wasn't hot. Once we arrived, because it was not bulky, I was able to easily fit it in the personal item I took on the plane. It fit as expected and is now my go-to sweater when I need something lighter than a heavy hooded sweatshirt, but heavier than just a T-shirt." —M. Malaney
Get it from Amazon for $18.19+ (available in sizes 14–28 and in 41 colors and styles).
7. A matching set perfect for lounging while also making you feel ~très chic~. So much so that you may just think there are paparazzi waiting outside the airport to snap a pic of you.
8. Girlfriend Collective Float leggings made to be sweat-wicking and quick-drying, which will come in handy when your plane lands late and you've got to sprint across the whole airport to make your connecting flight in time. 🥵 Plus, the fabric is super soft and not compressive, so it will *almost* feel like you're wearing nothing.
Promising review: "I love these leggings — I’ve worn them hiking, on the airplane, out running errands: they’re truly versatile and built for every occasion. They’re so different from other leggings I’ve tried because the fit feels so perfect, and you can tell the material is super high quality. I love." —cleo
Get them from Girlfriend for $78 (available in sizes XXS–6X, two lengths and in eight colors).
9. A plaid shacket for an effortlessly chic piece that will make it look like you tried super hard when all you did was roll out of bed, grab this, and head out the door.
Promising review: "It’s soft and comfy. I wore it over my blouse and sweater. Love the pockets on the side. It just sheds a little on my black pants I was wearing. My first time wearing it was on the plane. I would recommend this. So far it still looks nice and not wrinkled after wearing it a couple of times. I would get more in different colors." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $31.98+ (available in sizes S–XL and in 13 colors).
10. A pair of pull-on Levi's jeans reviewers love because they look like jeans yet feel like sweatpants. And that, my friends, is the dream, especially when it comes to flying.
Promising review: "I like to have a pair of jeans with me when I travel, but they take up too much room in carry-on luggage, they aren't particularly comfortable to wear on a plane, and the metal zipper often creates problems at security checkpoints and results in groping by a TSA agent. Since these jeans appeared to be a top seller here on Amazon and were getting rave reviews, I figured I'd try a pair for an upcoming 4-day vacation/business trip. I ended up wearing them more than expected because the weather was a little cooler than anticipated. They were completely comfortable on the plane (and I can be like the princess and the pea about clothing), and they held up to extended wear without stretching out of shape. They wash and dry beautifully." —MYOB
Get it from Amazon for $29.99 (available in sizes 2–28, three inseams, and 15 colors).
11. A Hackwith Design House shirt actually made to be worn six different ways. This fact alone makes it a great shirt to travel with. But you're going to like this most for flying because you can easily switch it to cover more of your body when the plane turns into an icebox an hour into the flight.
Hackwith Design House is a woman-owned small business that creates made-to-order apparel. This shirt can be worn as a V-neck, off-the-shoulder, boatneck, V-back, and even open as a jacket. And the color is simple, which means it can be paired well with many different bottoms.
Promising review: "I’m being honest when I tell you this is the most 'worth-it' top around. I read a review from some frequent flyer who claims this is her go-to for flying. She said aside from the top’s flexibility – which allows much less packing as the top itself looks and behaves like four shirts and a jacket – it’s a savior on planes because it allows you to get into a usually overheated plane, and to weather the transition to iceberg, ho! that happens about twenty minutes into most flights, and it holds its shape and looks great. I was skeptical, as I do not have the money to blow on someone else’s opinion, but my husband told me to try it. Long story to be short, I got it. It’s a gorgeous fabric despite my usually hating the ribbed thing. Not for my pleasure, thank you. But it’s nice. REALLY nice. Yes, it’s extraordinarily flexible, and yes, it’s like a jacket, and Yes, Virginia. There is a travel shirt Santa Clause. Ordering in the off-white now. Glad I read the article, and glad I bought the shirt. You should, too." —Mary B.
Get it from Hackwith Design House for $145 (available in sizes XS–4X and in five colors).
12. A pair of drawstring lounge pants with large pockets on the side so you have a place to stash your phone and ID while you wait in the winding security line but can easily grab it when it's finally your turn. Reviewers confirm these ~stand up~ to long flights and don't wrinkle, no matter how long the journey is.
Promising review: "Finally a comfortable travel pants that looks great all day, fits perfectly, and is super comfortable. I had a 6-hour plane ride and the pants looked perfect after the long flight. I will order more!" —Meggen Wilson
Get it from Amazon for $32+ (available in sizes XS–XXL and 23 colors).
13. A faux shearling quarter-zip jacket with a turtleneck you can basically use as a pillow as you try and catch some z's during your flight. Just look how cozy it is to snuggle into!
14. A Lululemon mid-rise jogger one reviewer called "the most comfortable pair of pants I have ever owned", which is super high praise, if you ask me. The elastic waistband, large pockets, and chic style are just icing on the cake.
Promising review: "By far the most comfortable pair of pants I have ever owned. They are so versatile, and I wear them on the plane to games (college athlete here) and even to work in the hospital. Doesn't restrict any movement. I can have my own dance party in these! Price is very reasonable, and I will definitely be getting more of these in the future." —BaileyWVB20
Get them from Lululemon for $98 (available in sizes 0–20 and in eight colors).
15. A super cozy knit jumpsuit with two wide front pockets you can stash your phone, AirPods or even snacks in. Anything that will help get you through your long haul flight, even if there's a screaming baby somewhere nearby.
Smash + Tess is a Vancouver, Canada-based small business started by a mother-daughter team to create comfy and cute pieces using sustainable materials and local ethical production.
Promising review: "This was my first purchase @S&T and will not be my last — looks great, very comfy. I wore on a trip to NYC, ended up wearing the sh*t outta it, even wore it on the plane trip home, dragging my carryon full of unworn clothing. Dress it up or casual." —Dorothy H.
16. A tie-dye maxi perfect if you have an early flight and then a whole day to exploring before you can check into your Airbnb. The long maxi length means you can wear leggings underneath to stay warm and then easily slide them off in the bathroom when you arrive to your destination.
Promising review: "I bought this dress to travel to Mexico. It's the perfect travel dress. I wore it with sneakers, leggings under, and jean jacket over because was in the 30s when we departed. I am only 5'3½", so I tied the front and back together in a cute little side knot for using airplane lavatory. Once you arrive, grab your sandals from your carry on, pop in the bathroom and ditch your leggings, throw on some sunglasses and you are good to go!" —EA
Get it from Amazon for $15.99+ (available in sizes XS–XXL and in 39 colors and patterns).
17. A cowl neck tunic you'll fall in love with so much when you travel that it will be your go-to piece long after you return home (and the post-vacation blues set in).
18. Cozy joggers better to wear while flying than leggings because these are just as comfortable but have super convenient pockets, which you always need more of while traveling.
Promising review: "These pants are amazing. I have worn them in the airport for a full day of traveling and to work with a pair of heels and a jacket. I love the packets, I love the fit, and I get compliments on them all the time. If you are on the fence, to get off of it and go place your order!" —ellen knecht
Get them from Amazon for $9.99+ (available in sizes S–3X and 20+ colors and prints).
19. A cami jumper one reviewer calls the "best travel outfit of all time". You can wear this on its own, or with a bralette, tank, T-shirt, or even long-sleeved shirt.
Pssst! Reviewers also say this is a great option during pregnancy because it's bump-friendly and works long after baby is born!
Promising review: "This romper is so comfy. It is the best travel outfit of all time. You can dress it up or down. Wear it out for dinner or just to get groceries. I’m buying more in other colors!" —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $36.99+ (available in sizes XS–3X and in 20 colors, prints, and styles).
20. An oversized faux shearling coat perfect if you're traveling in the fall or winter and need a jacket option that will work for the plane and beyond. This one will make you feel like you're wrapped in a hug the whole flight, which TBH, is *almost* as good as getting upgraded to first class.
21. A pair of high-waisted biker shorts more than 53,000 (!!) reviewers swear by. These may just become the MVPs of your trip because not only can you wear them on the plane, but also once you arrive to your destination and even under dresses to avoid chafing when you walk 20,000 steps as day (as one casually does on vacation).
Promising review: "I flew from Detroit to Las Vegas wearing these shorts, they were just as comfortable when the plane landed as they were when it took off. I can’t say enough good things about these shorts. I can see I’m going to buy more." —Robin Clinansmith
Get it from Amazon for $18.99+ (available in sizes XS–3XL and in 37 styles).