We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A floating hidden bookshelf for that pile of books you've been telling yourself you're going to read "so so soon" but have just been cluttering up your floor. You can turn that pile into wall art with this bookshelf. Or for any other items you have a lot of in your home — from memorabilia to a shoe collection.
2. A set of minimalist hooks you can add to your wall for a super easy place to hang your most-used coats, bags, or whatever else usually just ends up on the floor in your room. Or you could even use them as a way to display the lil' plant babies you love so much.
3. A moon garland perfect for that small panel in your room that a frame won't fit on but looks plain without anything. This garland will be the perfect touch of glam to make your room decor truly ~shine~.
4. A small lamp that'll cast a sunset or sunrise in your room. If you didn't realize how important natural light was when you signed your lease, this will be a way to bring those calming colors into your room and your life.
Promising review: "I ordered this lamp as a gift for my husband. We just set up a room in the basement where he keeps his records, films, musical instruments, and other fun stuff. We call it the music listening room — he has a stressful job so he really enjoys going down to the basement and listening to a record and turning on some nice mood lighting. I ordered the sunset lamp as a complement to the theme of the room and we just love it. The closer you are to the wall, the more of a defined a circle it will cast, and the farther back you move the lamp you will see more of an ambient light instead. It’s a really cool light that looks great next to our other eclectic lights, lava lamps and such. When not in use, the lamp is very small and discreet, just a few inches high and sits on the desk in the room." —MBA Squared
Get it from Amazon $16.99+ (available in two colors under $20).
5. A five-shelf hanging closet organizer for storing random things that take up more space on a hanger (such as sweaters or scarves or even nonhangable things like shoes).
6. A custom floral coaster so beautiful you *might* not want to set your Sleepy Time tea on it. You totally should though because it will protect your bedside table and also feel so elegant you might think you've been transported to the set of Bridgerton.
7. Or a handy mug warmer here to make your lazy weekends even better because your coffee won't get cold as your binge your way through Gilmore Girls once again.
8. A gold wire photo wall frame to showcase photos, mementos, and other small trinkets in an interesting way.
9. A geometric drawer knob you can use to give your cheap Ikea dresser an overhaul worthy of a DIY channel by just switching out the knobs. Yes, it really is that simple.
10. A bedside caddy equipped with six pockets to fit a laptop, tablet, remote, book, and any other items you want close to you at night but not close enough that they have to be in bed with you. This is also a great option if your room isn't quite big enough for a nightstand.
11. A portable, rechargeable lamp you can use on your nightstand as a small yet powerful light so you don't have to turn off the lights and then jump into your bed in complete darkness. Reviewers say the light is bright enough to light up the room and changes colors.
12. A rainbow prism suncatcher designed to refract sunlight around the room, causing lil' rainbows to appear. You may just feel like you're living in a magical realm, and how cool is that?
13. Or some mosaic film if you want the same rainbow colors in your room but also want an added bit of privacy. The film will still let light in but ensure your neighbors won't see you walking around in your underwear all hours of the day.
14. A set of bed bands that'll work super hard to keep the corners of your fitted sheet in place so they don't pop off and try to escape every chance they get. Plus, this means you won't have to fight to get the sheet on all four corners as often — that itself is a chore.
15. Some small macaron boxes you can use as a place to store jewelry, pills, or other little trinkets that would otherwise get lost in your room.
16. A large free-standing laundry basket designed with large handles, making it even easier to drag to the washer when you *finally* decide to do laundry after saying, "I'll do it tomorrow" for about a week.
17. A waterproof, stain-resistant faux marble granite adhesive to make every surface look 100x fancier and help ensure you get your security deposit back when you move out.
18. A leaf-shaped trinket dish you won't ~be-leaf~ how useful it because you can set all the odds and ends that end up on your bedside table before you drift off to sleep. (Looking at you AirPods!)
19. A four-piece sock and underwear organizer here to transform your dresser and make sure you're able to find your favorite bra (because everyone has one bra that is clearly superior to the others, right??).
20. A color-changing diffuser you can use with essential oils to help reduce stress and make you feel aaaall the chill vibes.
This diffuser has more than 54,000 5-star reviews! It also has a color-changing lamp with seven colors, a night-light, auto-off, and a programmable on and off, so you can go to sleep or wake up feeling better than you ever have. You should use 100% pure essential oils with it.
Promising review: "This has been a life-changer. I am relatively new to essential oils. After some positive results using a few of them, I broadened out to learn more. I ended up buying three of these, one for my bedroom, one for my daughters, and one for the living room. In my bedroom, we use an asthma allergy blend, which has been a life-changer. We use a serene calming blend for my daughter's room and a happy calming uplifting one in the living room. While my family thought I was nuts when I started using them, they notice a big difference when I forget to set them up. So every night they remind me. I will be buying more for my family." —MH
Get it from Amazon $15.99+ (available in four colors).
21. A set of corduroy pillow covers because putting these on your bed (or reading chair) will make you feel like you're basically living at Buckingham Palace, I swear.
22. A set of abstract art digital downloads you can print at whatever size works best for your room — whether that's two small prints by your dresser or a big statement-making piece above your bed.
23. A wireless charging pad here to streamline your nightstand because all you have to do with this is set your phone or AirPods on it, and they're be at 100% in no time.
24. A small table lamp that would look perfect on your nightstand, giving you a little extra light and decor without having to shell out a ton of money.
Promising review: "The size is perfect for a two-drawer nightstand. The bottom has a soft smooth surface. I like the switch. It is an easy push button. I used electrical tape to adhere it to the back of the nightstand for easy accessibility. It gives lots of light for a minimalist lamp. It’s very effective without taking over the room with style and light." —Delilah McCullough
Get it from Amazon for $16.99.
25. An insulated soundproofing strip to help block out all the surrounding noise so you don't have to hear the music that your upstairs neighbor decides to put on at 2 a.m. Some of us like to sleep!!!
26. A space night-light projector that'll transform your room into a ~space~ you'll enjoy relaxing in as the cosmos dance around your room in a calming swirl.
27. A macrame hanging wall mirror to add some texture to your wall and give the room more depth (and something for you to look at other than a blank wall).
28. An LED light strip to turn your mirror into a vanity worthy of a big Hollywood star. Plus, you'll be able to do a much better job on your makeup when you have good lighting on your face.
Promising review: "It looks beautiful on my new vanity! The brightness is incredible, and I love the dimmer feature. To line my mirror, I used about half the roll, and I wish it came with another plug/dimmer for the second half! I’ll definitely be ordering them. The light is strong, and shows you ALL imperfections (which I guess is the point, but wow, surprise!!) I am now hooked, and I'm telling my husband all the things in our home that HAVE to be lined with lights!" —Jenni P.
Get it from Amazon for $19.99.
29. A chic tissue box home for an a-door-able addition to the room and a way to transform the same old tissue box you picked up from the store.
30. A set of clear drawer organizers you can use in basically any drawer to keep all your odds and ends in a neat and orderly fashion. Plus, you'll be able to grab whatever you need fast instead of rummaging through the drawer for what feels like an eternity.
31. A rose gold rechargeable electric lighter so you can light candles in seconds with a simple switch. Then when it runs out, you simply have to charge it instead of going out to buy a new one.
32. An acrylic dry erase board that will look elegant on your wall and give you a place to write any notes to help you get through the day — no matter if it's what meetings you have to attend or just some motivational quotes to help you get out of bed in the morning.
33. A LED lightning bolt your friends will be ~shocked~ at how cute is hanging on your wall. And when you tell them the price, be prepared for them to ask you to send them the link.
34. A mini retro speaker reviewers confirm has a great sound projection, even though it's small. This means you can have a dance party in your room any night of the week or even listen to your favorite podcast as you (reluctantly) clean your room. It does operate on a rechargeable battery, meaning you can take the cleaning party to the rest of the house, if motivation strikes.
35. A set of satin pillowcases specifically designed to create less friction on your hair, meaning you won't wake up with bed head in the morning. Plus, these will give your bed a ~dreamier~ look.
36. A woven seagrass basket to give your favorite plant baby a super cute (and cozy) home where they can grow and prosper (as long as you remember to water them).
37. A door sign any fan of The Office will love to hang outside their door because it will make their desk feel like it's right on the set of the show (even if it's just three feet from the bed).
38. A desktop organizer you can fill with your favorite books, records, notebooks, or whatever else is currently in a pile on your desk you swore you'd clean up two weeks ago. 🤷♀️
39. A see-through embroidered wall hanging to add some softness to your wall and make your room a place you actually want to hang out in.
40. Some string lights to transform your bedroom into a magical wonderland even better than the one Alice fell into.
These lights are made with three strands and are dimmable with an on and off switch. Plus, they're made from copper wire that's waterproof and bendable. And to top it off, they have almost 8,000 5-star reviews!
Promising review: "I have a weird layout in my studio apartment and needed some extra lighting in my bed nook since there’s no space for a lamp or bedside table. These were cost-efficient and easy to put up using tiny command hooks. They add a nice, cozy feeling to my otherwise drab nook. I also didn’t realize that you can adjust the brightness of the lights.!" —miss_etc
Get them from Amazon for $12.99.
41. Or a color-changing LED light string if you want a lighting situation you can change up based on your mood. These lights are not only easy to install, but they have six brightness levels, 32 color options, and a remote to help you easily customize the look. How cool is that?!?
The lights also come with some 3M adhesive you can cut to fit the length of your room.
Promising review: "These lights were so much easier to install than I thought they'd be! The tape on the back is really strong and the lights themselves are brighter than the main light in my room. Everything was really dark and bland before, but these really made everything feel prettier than it was." —Shayna
Get it from Amazon for $13.99+ (available in two lengths under $20).