1. Koko the gorilla is known for her ability to use sign language to communicate. With the help of nonprofit Noé, a French-based non-profit focused on preserving biodiversity, Koko learned how to sign a message for humankind.
According to Koko.org, “The resulting PSA was edited from a number of separate takes, for brevity and continuity.”
This post has had information added to clarify that it is a stunt to bring attention to the nonprofit group Noé.
- Donald Trump said that his comments about Sweden were referring to a Fox News segment, not an actual incident in the country 🇸🇪🙃
- The CEO of Uber is investigating sexism and sexual harassment claims after a former employee said her reports were ignored.
- Geologists say they've discovered an eighth continent beneath New Zealand. "Zealandia" is 94% submerged underwater 🔎🌍
- The US ambassador to Somalia gave the country's new president a "Make Somalia Great Again" hat and the exchange was ~confusing~.