1. Amy Herrmann knew her kids were up to no good when it was unusually silent in the house. She looked for her kids, only to discover her 3-year-old had drawn on her 18-month-old sister with permanent marker to turn her “into a zebra.”
The Australian mom filmed the aftermath of her daughter Sovereign’s art project on her sister Pippen and posted it on Facebook. It has since been viewed nearly 10 million times.
3. When Hermann asked Sovereign what was going on, she was like, “DUH! Mom, the baby is a zebra now.”
Hermann told BuzzFeed News she works as photographer and visual artist, so their home is “generally quite creative” — but she said she’s not sure where the “zebra” idea came from.
“We do a lot of drawing and painting, though not usually on our baby sister,” she said. “I worked as a face painter for some time also, so it’s possible that’s where the idea to transform her sister came from too. Though she usually requests to be a tiger, so the zebra explanation was quite unexpected.”
Hermann said that while she was frustrated Sovereign used a permanent marker, she was “secretly proud” of her daughter’s artistic exploration.
“I’m happy to see her creativity showing through, no matter the canvas,” she said.
As for Pippen, Hermann said the toddler is back to normal after “a long soak in the bath and some shampoo.” She said she can’t believe how many people have seen her video.
“The amount of views have been mind-blowing, but I think it’s been wonderful to see so many people getting so much joy from such a simple and innocent act,” she said.
- Heritage Foundation, a conservative think tank, is cold-emailing potential candidates to serve in a potential Trump administration 🔴
- Hillary Clinton's campaign is making an unprecedented play for Utah, a state that hasn't gone blue since 1964 🔵
- In case you were wondering, no — a big cyber attack couldn't swing the election.
- Kesha fans rejoice: Sony just confirmed that a new album is in the works 🎵