1. Amy Herrmann knew her kids were up to no good when it was unusually silent in the house. She looked for her kids, only to discover her 3-year-old had drawn on her 18-month-old sister with permanent marker to turn her “into a zebra.”
The Australian mom filmed the aftermath of her daughter Sovereign’s art project on her sister Pippen and posted it on Facebook. It has since been viewed nearly 10 million times.
3. When Hermann asked Sovereign what was going on, she was like, “DUH! Mom, the baby is a zebra now.”
Hermann told BuzzFeed News she works as photographer and visual artist, so their home is “generally quite creative” — but she said she’s not sure where the “zebra” idea came from.
“We do a lot of drawing and painting, though not usually on our baby sister,” she said. “I worked as a face painter for some time also, so it’s possible that’s where the idea to transform her sister came from too. Though she usually requests to be a tiger, so the zebra explanation was quite unexpected.”
Hermann said that while she was frustrated Sovereign used a permanent marker, she was “secretly proud” of her daughter’s artistic exploration.
“I’m happy to see her creativity showing through, no matter the canvas,” she said.
As for Pippen, Hermann said the toddler is back to normal after “a long soak in the bath and some shampoo.” She said she can’t believe how many people have seen her video.
“The amount of views have been mind-blowing, but I think it’s been wonderful to see so many people getting so much joy from such a simple and innocent act,” she said.
- The man suspected of shooting and killing five people in a Washington mall is now in custody, officials said.
- Charlotte police have released video of Keith Lamont Scott's shooting and photos of a gun they say he had loaded.
- Kim Kardashian said she is voting for Hillary Clinton after being quoted saying she was "on the fence."