1. Today Tom Scharpling tweeted out a link to what he claimed was a new Red Hot Chili Peppers song called “Abracadabralifornia.”
3. The primary suspects include popular alt-DJ Jake Fogelnest and King Cyrus King. Comedian Jon Daly and the funny people over at Comedy Bang Bang are also most likely involved as an early rendition of the song appears in this podcast.
4. Though the song is very fake, a few people have fallen for the gag (or are doing their best to perpetuate the gag with a wink and a nod):
- At least 10 people, including the gunman, are dead after a shooting at a mall in Munich, Germany.
- Hillary Clinton has picked Virginia Sen. Tim Kaine as her running mate. He was considered a favorite for the ticket.
- Employees at a textile factory that made Trump shirts report dangerous, abusive conditions — harsh even for Honduras.