1. Today Tom Scharpling tweeted out a link to what he claimed was a new Red Hot Chili Peppers song called “Abracadabralifornia.”
3. The primary suspects include popular alt-DJ Jake Fogelnest and King Cyrus King. Comedian Jon Daly and the funny people over at Comedy Bang Bang are also most likely involved as an early rendition of the song appears in this podcast.
4. Though the song is very fake, a few people have fallen for the gag (or are doing their best to perpetuate the gag with a wink and a nod):
- The death toll from Italy's earthquake rose to 247 people amid efforts to dig out residents still trapped in rubble.
- US Soccer suspended Hope Solo for 6 months after she called Sweden's team "cowards" during the Rio Olympics ❌⚽️
- Donald Trump's campaign paid a Barnes & Noble $55,055 to buy more than 3,500 hardcover copies of his book.