1. Sisyphus is the collaborative project from perennially beloved indie artist Sufjan Stevens and underground hip-hop vets Son Lux and Serengeti.
Their new self-titled album brings together the glitchy instrumentation Stevens experimented with on his album Age of Adz and Sun Lux’s frenetic beats. Serengeti, a rapper versatile enough to handle music this nuts, does the vocals. The result is an accessible, emotional listen.
2. Stevens and Serengeti first got together in 2009 on “Blood Pt. 2,” a remix from Buck 65, on the compilation Dark Was the Night. You could tell the artists had a lot of chemistry together.
3. The same three artists worked together again in 2012 under the moniker s/s/s and released the album Beak and Claw.
- Democrats will try to block Trump's Supreme Court pick, Neil Gorsuch, setting the stage for Republicans to eliminate the judicial filibuster.
- Republicans worked overnight trying to finalize a deal that would allow their Obamacare replacement plan to pass in the House.
- An American-Israeli teen has been arrested in Israel for bomb threats to Jewish community centers in the US, says the FBI.
- The suspect in the London terror attack near Parliament, who was killed by police, has been identified as 52-year-old Khalid Masood.