1. Federal officials have charged Wal-Mart with a formal complaint, claiming that they fired, disciplined, or threatened more than 60 employees for participating in legally protected activities to complain about wages and working conditions, according to AP.
A man chants outside Walmart during a protest for better wages and working conditions.
2. Protests were organized in 2012 by union-backed group OUR Wal Mart, an organization that has spent years pressing the company to increase wages, benefits, and make it easier for workers to organize a union.
A demonstrator prepares to be handcuffed as she is detained for civil disobedience outside Walmart.
5. Wal-Mart spokeswoman Brooke Buchanan made this statement:
“We now we have the opportunity to present the facts of these cases in front of a judge. No reasonable person thinks it’s ok for people to come and go from their scheduled shift without being held accountable.”
- Ivanka Trump was booed and hissed at when talking about her father's supporter for women and families at the W20 Summit in Berlin.
- President Trump is ordering a review of all of America's national monuments that were created in the past two decades.
- The same Russian hackers who interfered in the 2016 US presidential election are now active in German and French politics 💻
- There's a good chance that you've handed over your personal information if you've ever downloaded a free app 🕵