1. H. Ty Warner, the billionaire creator of Beanie Babies, has been sentenced to two years of probation, but no jail time after he plead guilty to a single count of tax evasion, according to the Associated Press.
A man walks past a display for Ty Beanie Babies products at Toy Fair 2013.
2. Warner could have faced five years in prison after not paying taxes on $25 million in income he had put in Swiss bank accounts. The case is part of the federal government’s push to prosecute those concealing their income overseas.
Ty Warner is escorted from the Dirksen U.S. Courthouse in Chicago on Oct. 2, 2013.
- It's Inauguration Day — Donald Trump will be sworn in as the 45th president of the United States of America at 12 p.m. ET 🇺🇸
- One of the nation's top legal groups is seeking a wide array of records from four federal agencies to challenge Trump's potential business conflicts.
- Notorious Mexican drug lord Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán has been extradited to the United States to face multiple charges.
- Gingers rejoice! A redhead emoji may be coming your way soon 🙌