1. H. Ty Warner, the billionaire creator of Beanie Babies, has been sentenced to two years of probation, but no jail time after he plead guilty to a single count of tax evasion, according to the Associated Press.
A man walks past a display for Ty Beanie Babies products at Toy Fair 2013.
2. Warner could have faced five years in prison after not paying taxes on $25 million in income he had put in Swiss bank accounts. The case is part of the federal government’s push to prosecute those concealing their income overseas.
Ty Warner is escorted from the Dirksen U.S. Courthouse in Chicago on Oct. 2, 2013.
- The enemy within: Civilians are caught in the crossfire as Iraqi troops move closer to Mosul and face fears of ISIS.
- Donald Trump wants President Obama to be investigated, saying he knew about Hillary Clinton's private email server 📩
- Here's what European cities are offering to convince London's banks, companies, and entrepreneurs to move post-Brexit🍷🌞
- And Millie Bobby Brown — Eleven from "Stranger Things" — looks badass on her first magazine cover ✨