1. Snowden still believes in America.
2. According to Snowden, encryption can protect user information if both ends of the connection are secure.
3. Snowden doesn't think that the Whistleblower Protection Act is enough.
4. Snowden denies stealing from or tricking any of his former co-workers.
5. Snowden doesn't believe that all spying is bad.
6. Snowden would like to return to the U.S., but doesn't think he will be able to for the foreseeable future.
Attorney General Eric Holder told NBC that the U.S. "would engage in conversation” with Snowden, but clemency "would be going too far."
7. The problems that Snowden has with mass surveillance are specific.
8. Death threats from the U.S. intelligence community are concerning.
9. Snowden believes that the problem with intelligence agencies partially lies with unaccountable senior officials.
Intern at Buzzfeed, expert in all things dealing with books or 2 Chainz.
Contact Aaron Calvin at email@example.com.
Got a confidential tip? Submit it here.