1. Moovit is a public transit app and mapping service which features live arrival and departure times, up-to-date line schedules, local station maps, service alerts, and advisories that may affect one's current trip.
2. Jpost (The Jerusalem Post) is the leading news source for English speaking Jewry since 1932. Get up to the minute updates on news and security incidents.
3. Google Translate is a free translation service provided by Google to translate text, speech, images, sites, or real-time. It is incredibly convineint to have a dictionary right on your phone.
4. Gett, previously known as GetTaxi, is an Israeli-based startup that connects customers with taxi drivers. There's no need to look for a taxi with this app, it'll come right to you!
5. Skype on your phone allows you to stay in touch with your friends and family back home.
6. XE Currency exchange lets you see how many Shekalim you can get for a dollar in real time.
7. Waze allows you to figure out exactly where you need to go. When you are invited far away for Shabbat, Waze will tell you where you're going and how long it'll take to get there.
8. Zmanim will tell you what time sunrise, sunset and chatzos is. Never forget when to daven with "Zmanim."
9. It's hard to imagine someone who doesn't have WhatsApp, but in Israel EVERYONE uses it. You need to have WhatsApp.
10. Next Train allows you to know when the trains are coming and how to get to your location via train.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!