GRILLED SWEET A.1. BBQ WINGS
1 pound chicken wings
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon paprika
A.1. Wing Sauce
6 tablespoons A.1. Sauce
½ cup brown sugar
¼ cup butter
¼ cup ketchup
¼ cup orange juice
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon onion powder
¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Pat the chicken wings dry and in a large bowl toss with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika.
- To make the wing sauce, whisk all of the ingredients in a saucepan and simmer on low, stirring occasionally for at least 10 minutes.
- Preheat one side of the grill to medium-high heat (between 350º and 400ºF), leaving the other side "cold."
- Start the chicken wings on the cold side of the grill with the lid closed. Grill for 20 minutes, turning once.
- Baste chicken wings with A.1. wing sauce and then finish them on the hot side over a medium-high flame, grilling for another 10 minutes, turning every few minutes to make sure they evenly crisp and brown.
- In a large bowl, toss wings in the remaining sauce and serve hot.
A.1. STEAK NACHOS
1 pound sirloin steak
1 can refried beans
1 tomato, chopped
½ cup A.1. Sauce
2 cups shredded cheese
1 jalapeño, thinly sliced
1 avocado, chopped
1 bag tortilla chips
Pico de gallo
½ cup crema
- Heat oven to 400ºF.
- Season steak with salt and pepper and grill until cooked to your desired temperature. Set aside to rest.
- After it has rested, cut the steak into cubes and set aside.
- In a cast-iron pan, layer tortilla chips and pour on cheese sauce or shredded cheese.
- Place the cast-iron pan in the oven and cook until cheese is melted and hot — but not browned (around 3–6 minutes).
- Once the cheese has melted, build the nachos by layering small scoops of the refried beans, steak, chopped tomatoes, chopped avocado, sliced jalapeños, and pico de gallo.
- Drizzle with crema and A.1. Sauce. Top with cilantro and serve hot.
A.1. MEAT LOVER’S PIZZA
A.1. Garlic butter
2 tablespoons butter
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tablespoon A.1. Sauce
Prepared pizza dough
1 jar pizza sauce
2 tablespoons A.1. Sauce
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup sausage or meatballs, crumbled
½ cup pepperoni
1 cup chopped cooked ham
2 tablespoons A.1. Sauce, for drizzle
- Preheat the grill with the lid closed until it reaches 550ºF.
- Roll out pizza dough and place on a cornmeal-dusted baking sheet.
- In a saucepan, whisk together the A.1. garlic butter ingredients and heat on low for 2–3 minutes.
- Using a pastry brush, brush the garlic butter over one side of the pizza dough.
- In a bowl, combine the pizza sauce and 2 tablespoons A.1. sauce, then mix until blended.
- Make sure you have your shredded cheese, meats, and A1 pizza sauce by the grill so you can work quickly once the dough is grilling.
- Place the buttered side of the dough down onto the hot grill. Cook for 1–2 minutes, until crust sets but is not yet crispy.
- Brush the top of the dough with the A.1. garlic butter, then flip that side over onto the grates.
- Working quickly, spread A.1. pizza sauce onto the dough and then top liberally with shredded cheese. Then add sausage or meatballs, pepperoni, and ham.
- Close the lid of the grill and cook for 3–5 minutes or until cheese has melted and crust is crispy but not burnt.
- Remove from grill and set aside to cool slightly, sprinkling with dried oregano and basil.
- Drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons A.1. Sauce.
- Slice and serve hot.
A.1. STEAK SALAD
1 pound sirloin steak
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 head butter lettuce
1 tomato, sliced
½ red onion, thinly sliced
½ cup blue cheese, crumbled
¼ cup olive oil
¼ cup A.1. Sauce
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1½ tablespoon honey
½ teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Season steak with salt and pepper, then grill until cooked to your liking. Set aside to rest.
- To make the vinaigrette, place all ingredients in a jar and close the lid tightly. Shake until combined and emulsified.
- To make the salad, place lettuce in a bowl and add tomatoes and red onion, sprinkle with blue cheese, and top with steak and croutons.
- Drizzle with A.1. vinaigrette and enjoy!