Hi, I'm Hannah, and I've never seen Star Wars.*
With the new movie coming out (I think it's supposed to be the Endgame of the Star Wars universe?? Idk, people seem excited), I thought it was a great time to start the series!
Now, deciding which one to watch first was HARD. WHY ARE THEY ALL OUT OF ORDER??? It makes no sense! In the end, I decided to go with the release order, and start with Episode IV, A New Hope.
Without further ado, here we go!
1. I feel like this font is supposed to be yellow?
2. Ok. I know this music. This is reminding me of Disneyland.
3. This kind of scrolling title thing just reminds me of iMovie. And Austin Powers.
4. Why are they making me read something right now? I feel like there was a more artful way to do exposition.
5. Death Star is a pretty sick name.
6. All I see when I see these starships are my brother's legos.
13. Ok but why did he kill the dude before he answered his question?
14. Oooh Leia is a badass. I like her.
15. So is Darth in charge? Like he's a dictator? And everyone’s good with that? But there’s a senate? I don't understand their government.
16. C3PO is annoying. Am I supposed to think he's annoying?
20. Oh wait....these dudes are kinda cute?
21. “I feel like I’m watching the grinch”- my friend
22. Their noises sound like the creatures in Spy Kids before they rewind the video.
23. This reminds me of that episode of my life as a teenage robot where Jenny sees all her failed siblings.
24. The transitions in this are straight out of iMovie.
25. These dwarf things also remind me of the gnomes from the second Harry Potter GameCube game. Very specific, I know.
Honestly, the special effects were super impressive for the 70s. The music was also iconic, and it was a great story. I definitely could've used a little more Darth Vader to make him an actual villain, but I'm assuming we get that in the 9 trillion other films. Also, I really hope Mark Hamill realized he was not on the Brady Bunch and adjusted his acting style in future films. If I hear one more "oh boy" or "gee" from him I'm going home.