1. The epic silence between the last note and applause.
2. When the concertmaster walks on stage, and you feel hardly worthy of their presence.
3. When epic conductors do more cardio in one show than you do in a week.
4. When a conductor has great hair.
5. When just stepping into the concert hall takes your breath away.
6. Being surrounded by a beautiful standing ovation.
7. When the conductor gets super into it, and so then you get excited about the tune as well.
8. The spine-tingling sound of an orchestra tuning.
9. The Mahler hammer. So. Badass.
10. When the soloist gives an impromptu encore, and you're like:
11. High C's. Ahoy!
12. When a pianist pounds the hell out of a concerto.
13. When musicians show their emotions.
14. When the soloist is talented and dreamy. 😍
15. When the music makes you want to dance.
16. When you know the music will be stuck in your head all week... but you're OK with it.
17. And when the music takes you to another world and you never want to come back.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!