1. Al Capone Bought From Anheuser-Busch
The story goes that mob man bought from beer man Clarence Busch.
2. He planned the Valentine’s Day Massacre here
Supposedly Capone planned the infamous Valentine’s Day Massacre from this home. It also served as his alibi; Capone made sure everyone saw him in South Beach the day of the shootout.
3. He built a big pool
Capone wanted the biggest pool in the area, so he had a 30 by 60-foot one constructed.
4. He also added guard houses
Capone had a crew of guards installed throughout the property to monitor his safety well into the last parts of his life.
5. He stayed in the guest bedroom
By the end of his life, Capone was paranoid, and so he chose the front guest bedroom as his own, so he could watch the entrance of his home.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. It is also not paid advertising. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- U.S. President Barack Obama said the United Nations climate summit could be a "turning point" in saving the planet. The talks in Paris include 196 countries 🌍 ›