A couple undergo a procedure to erase each other from their memories when their relationship turns sour, but it is only through the process of loss that they discover what they had to begin with.
11. Clementine: …we are David and Ruth Laskin. Which one do you want to be? I prefer to be Ruth, but I’m flexible.
14. Are we like those bored couples you feel sorry for in restaurants? Are we the dining dead? I can’t stand the idea of us being a couple people think that about.
16. Clementine: “My crotch is still here, just as you remembered it.”
19. Joel: Why do I fall in love with every woman I see who shows me the least bit of attention?
23. I’m Clementine. Can I… borrow a piece of your chicken?
And then you just took it… without waiting for an answer. It was so intimate; like we were already lovers.
26. Drink up, young man. It’ll make the whole seduction part less repugnant.
- Dylann Roof wants to plead guilty to the charges against him in the Charleston church shooting, his attorney said, but a judge entered a not guilty plea for him on Friday.
- The U.S. Coast Guard has suspended its search for two teenagers who went missing a week ago off the coast of Florida.
- Beijing will host the 2022 Winter Olympics, becoming the first city to host both the summer and winter games.