A couple undergo a procedure to erase each other from their memories when their relationship turns sour, but it is only through the process of loss that they discover what they had to begin with.
11. Clementine: …we are David and Ruth Laskin. Which one do you want to be? I prefer to be Ruth, but I’m flexible.
14. Are we like those bored couples you feel sorry for in restaurants? Are we the dining dead? I can’t stand the idea of us being a couple people think that about.
16. Clementine: “My crotch is still here, just as you remembered it.”
19. Joel: Why do I fall in love with every woman I see who shows me the least bit of attention?
23. I’m Clementine. Can I… borrow a piece of your chicken?
And then you just took it… without waiting for an answer. It was so intimate; like we were already lovers.
26. Drink up, young man. It’ll make the whole seduction part less repugnant.
- The fire at a South Carolina black church late Tuesday night wasn't arson, according to a preliminary investigation.
- The U.S. and Cuba have agreed to open embassies in Washington and Havana as they restore diplomatic ties after more than 50 years.
- Greece has become the first developed country to miss a debt payment to the International Monetary Fund.
- The U.S. has defeated Germany 2-0 in the Women's World Cup semis. Team USA will play Japan or England in the final ⚽️