WASHINGTON, D.C.—Former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich unveiled his “Dream Team” of endorsers as he prepares to take the stage at the Conservative Political Action Conference.
But his endorsers were less than vocal on his behalf here, with neither Herman Cain nor Texas Gov. Rick Perry mentioned him in their speeches here yesterday.
Here’s the release from the Gingrich campaign:
Newt Vows Bold Change for Washington
Says “Conservative Dream Team” Will Deploy for Battle
Washington, D.C. – As the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) continues today in Washington, DC, Speaker Newt Gingrich unveiled his battle plan for 2012 – rallying fearless conservatives around his candidacy like Governor Rick Perry, Herman Cain, Senator Fred Thompson, Michael Reagan, Linda Upmeyer, J.C. Watts, Kellyanne Conway, Chuck Norris and others as he takes on the Saul Alinsky radicalism of the Obama Administration.
Here’s what some members of his Conservative Dream Team are saying about Newt Gingrich:
“I have no question Newt Gingrich has the heart of a conservative reformer, the ability to rally and captivate the conservative movement, the courage to tell those Washington interests to take a hike if it’s what is in the best interests of the country.”
-Governor Rick Perry
“It is time for conservatives and Republicans to refocus their attention on the ultimate mission of defeating President Obama. I believe Speaker Gingrich is the bold leader we need to accomplish this mission.”
“Newt exemplifies the conservative principles my father championed.
Strong national defense, lower taxes and smaller government.”
“We need someone who has the courage and ability to communicate the truth to the American people. Someone who will explain the hard choices that we must make if we are to give our children and grandchildren the same opportunities our forefathers bestowed on us and avoid the fate that other great nations have suffered throughout history. I believe that person is Newt Gingrich. And that is why I strongly support him.”
“Newt Gingrich presents the best chance for this country to defeat Barack Obama, and he is the only candidate who will lead the country with solutions that strengthen the economy as well as fight back the damage done by the current administration.”
“My wife, Gena, and I sincerely believe former Speaker Newt Gingrich is the answer and deserves our endorsement and vote…We believe Newt’s experience, leadership, knowledge, wisdom, faith and even humility to learn from his failures (personal and public) can return America to her glory days. And he is the best man left on the battlefield who is able to outwit, outplay and outlast Obama and his campaign machine.”
“When you consider where we are today, and you think about the good, old days of balanced budgets, entitlement reform, and paying down our National debt, getting tax relief; as a Republican majority, Newt Gingrich was the Speaker, we haven’t seen things like that in the last thirteen years. I am looking for somebody that will be willing to do the heavy lifting to get us to where we all want to be as a nation, and I think Newt fits that profile.”
-Congressman J.C. Watts
“Newt Gingrich has the solutions and ideas we need to restore this country to the greatness that it was founded upon, and I’m proud to stand with him in this fight.”
-Iowa House Majority Leader Linda Upmeyer
Please validate your account to contribute content.
Preview Your Response
- animemando thinks This Is Newt Gingrich's "Dre... is OMG
- iainc thinks This Is Newt Gingrich's "Dre... is Fail
- lizzydizzy thinks This Is Newt Gingrich's "Dre... is LOL
- billpostmus thinks This Is Newt Gingrich's "Dre... is Cute
- domito This Is Newt Gingrich's "Dre...
- Vixenly thinks This Is Newt Gingrich's "Dre... is LOL, Ew & Fail
- foxnews.com readers just made This Is Newt Gingrich's "Dre... hotter
- huffingtonpost.com readers just made This Is Newt Gingrich's "Dre... hotter
- This Is Newt Gingrich's "Dre... is starting to get hot on Facebook Share It
- This Is Newt Gingrich's "Dre... was rebuzzed by Donna D.
That is the ol’ late 90’s horror movie poster collection of heartthrobs who are about to get cut up by ghostfaced urban legends who kill via rube goldberg like machinations.
- smg7320 thinks This Is Newt Gingrich's "Dre... is LOL
- Dave Stopera thinks This Is Newt Gingrich's "Dre... is SMH
- samb19 thinks This Is Newt Gingrich's "Dre... is Fail
- Alibug thinks This Is Newt Gingrich's "Dre... is Fail
- clydem2 thinks Struggling Gingrich Touts "Dream Team... is Fail
- Struggling Gingrich Touts "Dream Team... is starting to get hot on Twitter Tweet It