BOCA RATON, Fla. — Former U.S. Ambassador to India Tim Roemer, a former congressman and Obama supporter, laid into Mitt Romney before tonight’s foreign policy debate, questioning Mitt Romney’s fitness to be commander in chief.
“Back in 2008, the president — then Senator — said to a question ‘I would pursue Osama bin Laden even on territory like Pakistan’s,’” Roemer told BuzzFeed in the debate spin room, adding many of his opponents called him naive for that position.
Roemer said Romney doesn’t have that courage — and didn’t when he questioned whether it was worth “moving heaven and Earth” to get bin Laden.
“The commander in chief question is one whereby, who do you think is going to be able to bring the murderers, the terrorists, of Ambassador Chris Stevens to justice,” Roemer added. “Is it going to be President Obama who does what he says, is steady, is decisive? Or is it Mitt Romney, who has trouble when he goes to Great Britain talking about the Olympic games with our closest allies. He fumbles that. His bluster exceeds his ability to meet the commander in chief test.”
Roemer pointed to Romney’s bungled response to Libya — both in the immediate aftermath of the attack on the Benghazi consulate and in last week’s debate — as signs that he’s unfit to serve.
- yllapalenquec Obama Surrogate: Who Do You Think Can...
- ohyeahbrid Obama Surrogate: Who Do You Think Can...
- ineeda thinks Obama Surrogate: Who Do You Think Can... is LOL & Win
- Obama Surrogate: Who Do You Think Can... is starting to get hot on Twitter Tweet It
- briso Obama Surrogate: Who Do You Think Can... and thinks it’s Win
- Trubador thinks Obama Surrogate: Who Do You Think Can... is Fail