From the print pool report:
Potus made an unscheduled stop at the Cleveland West Side Market at 3:20 p.m. The market is a 100-year-old collection of mom & pop-style vendors. The sound was lousy and your pool was almost entirely reliant on Bryan Cole from Fox News and NPR’s Scott Horsley for the audio.
Potus stopped first at Michelle’s Bakery, where he chatted with the two ladies manning the counter. They discussed business, the outlet’s cheese danish and butternut bread. Potus asked about the challenges in running a small business, and one of the ladies said she makes all of the goods at home and transports them to the market.
Potus seemed enamored by the shop’s name.
“It is no coincidence that I’m stopping at Michelle’s bakery,” Potus said. “I just want to point that out. And she spells it the right way, with two Ls. That’s the correct way. How are you. Good to see you. So Michelle, when did you get started with this?”
Potus ordered one piece pumpkin cheesecake ($2.95), one Danish butternut loaf ($6.95) and one loaf of zucchini bread ($6.95). He insisted on taking a photograph in front of the sign that read “Michelle’s Bakery.”
Potus stopped to meet people waiting for him, where he did the requisite hand-shaking, high-fiving and the rare baby-holding before going on to chat with proprietors at Turczyk’s Meats and the adjoining Larry Vilstein’s, Christopher Bakery and Edward Badbuster & Son.
He then asked the proprietor at Rolston Poultry how business was going.
“Terrible since you got here,” the man said. Pool could not get close enough to the Rolston Poultry man to get his name or political affiliation. Potus didn’t appear amused by the sentiment.
Pool was ushered out of the market at 3:37 p.m. Motorcade began rolling for the Cleveland airport at 3:55 p.m.
But the TV pool report noted that the man said it “jokingly.”
Please validate your account to contribute content.
Preview Your Response
- taurusfloyd thinks Businessman To Obama: It's "Terri... is WTF
- Businessman To Obama: It's "Terri... is starting to get hot on Facebook Share It
- hotair.com readers just made Businessman To Obama: It's "Terri... hotter
- SnarkyAkimbo thinks Businessman To Obama: It's "Terri... is WTF
- yellowdog70 thinks Businessman To Obama: It's "Terri... is LOL
- alexandrad6 Businessman To Obama: It's "Terri... and thinks it’s Fail
- Businessman To Obama: It's "Terri... is starting to get hot on Twitter Tweet It
- Swagasaurus Rex thinks Businessman To Obama: It's "Terri... is LOL
- vicisnice thinks Businessman To Obama: It's "Terri... is LOL