WASHINGTON — Former President Bill Clinton is addressing President Barack Obama’s top donors Saturday at a meeting of his National Finance Committee in Washington, according to one of the attendees.
On the weekend of Obama’s second inaugural, the committee is celebrating the largest fundraising haul by a presidential candidate ever, topping more than $1 billion. On Friday, Obama met with many of the donors at the White House for a brunch and a reception.
Clinton took on an outsized role for Obama after his widely-hailed and fiery speech at the 2012 Democratic Convention, but his visit with the top donors will surely fuel speculation that he is laying the groundwork should his wife, retiring Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, decide to seek the presidency again in 2016.
Please validate your account to contribute content.
Preview Your Response
- gabriellew4 Bill Clinton Courts Obama Donors
- seang9 Bill Clinton Courts Obama Donors
- amy swiney Bill Clinton Courts Obama Donors
- meghannd Bill Clinton Courts Obama Donors
- thedailybeast.com readers just made Bill Clinton Courts Obama Donors hotter
- bosstweed thinks Bill Clinton Courts Obama Donors is Win
- Bill Clinton Courts Obama Donors is starting to get hot on Twitter Tweet It