1. Six Feet Under: The Musical
It’s about a dysfunctional family, set in a funeral home, with both gay & female empowerment themes. As close as you’re going to get.
3. It’s a coming-of-age musical about a lesbian.
How many musicals do you know are about lesbians? #exactly
4. OMGGGGGGGG!!! POCAHONTAS IS IN IT!!!
Judy Kuhn, the singing voice of Disney’s Pocahontas, plays the Mom.
Go YouTube stalk her. #worthit
5. Partridge Family Choreography
If the Bradys and the Partridge were thrown in a room together and told to boogy? Well, that explosion of 70’s choreography would match what happens in this show.
6. The music is like the Partridge family catalog
ADMIT IT. You still rock out to “I Think I Love You”. It pops up on Pandora for you. #guilty #partyofone
7. Beth Malone, Sydney Lucas, & Alexandra Socha
Watching these three actors play the same character at various ages is like watching Meryl Streep: The Prequel.
8. BEAUTIFUL WORDS ARE SUNG!!!!!!!!!
“Maps show you what is simple and true. I’m laying out a birds eye view. Where did he travel? What did he see? A sweeping atlas of my Dad’s mythology.”
9. They reference “A Chorus Line.”
Sadly, no shout outs for Kelly Bishop.
10. Fun Home vs. South Carolina State Representatives
The entire cast flew down to South Carolina to perform the musical amid a dispute over Alison Bechdel’s memoir. #kickass
11. Outstanding Musical Awards Love
Fun Home has already won Best Musical from the Lucille Lortel Awards and the New York Drama Critics’ Circle Awards! What’s next? THE TONYS!
12. It means SOMETHING
This is a beautifully crafted, meaningful, funny, honest story about a young woman discovering who she was, is, and will become while being haunted by the memories of events leading up to her father’s death. A true transformative theatrical experience.
Bring “Fun Home” to Broadway next season!