Everybody putcha damn glasses up. This is a celebration of the real divo.
1. He’s so humble he hasn’t forgotten his “Noa Noa” roots, even if he has six Grammys on his mantel.
2. Don’t get it twisted, that’s not rain. Those are tears of joy shed by everyone who comes across his star at the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
3. “Amor Eterno,” the tribute he wrote for his mother, is the Mother’s Day anthem that everyone knows by heart.
4. Even pop stars like Lucero are fan girls.
Lucero places her hand on her heart because she can’t contain the joy her body feels after making contact with the other world aka JuanGa.
5. Enrique Iglesias can’t help but bow down to his greatness.
7. His career spans 40 years in 2014, but his music will live on forever.
8. He can make any mariachi band look even more fabulous.
9. Every Juan Gabriel song is sing-along worthy, and he embraces his crowds by jumping into the audience.
10. He’s broken doors open for LGBTQ artists because he’s not afraid to be himself.
He’s done this without ever clearly articulating his position, by saying, “You don’t ask what you already know.”
11. He loves his fans more than they love him.
“To everyone who has loved and sung Juan Gabriel like I have, very many thanks. Eternal appreciation.” — Alberto Aguilera Valadez, AKA Juan Gabriel.
13. In 2009, he was named Latin Recording Academy Artist of the Year.
But really, every year is his year.
14. The combined power of the duet between him and Rocio Durcal is incredible, and the legacy continues on even after her passing.
16. Everyone can relate to his classic, “No Tengo Dinero,” because, yeah, no tengo dinero.
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›