3. He is traveling from Florida to Michigan, by tractor. This will take three weeks.
6. Elyse was taken from this world last year, from a cancerous brain tumor. Her father Matt, has recently been diagnosed with the same thing.
7. In honor of them, Track The Tractor is traveling 1400 miles to spread awareness, and raise money for the Riley Children’s Foundation and Ronald McDonald House Charities.
8. This is a journey to make a significant difference in the lives of people you have never met.
9. Every 100 miles traveled will be in memory of someone.
10. The first 100 miles are for Elyse.
11. Track The Tractor departed from Chiefland, Florida today, and will arrive in New Buffalo, Michigan, in about three weeks.
13. When you see the tractor, be sure to take a picture and post to social media using #TrackTheTractor.
14. Help to spread the word about this amazing cause. (Ellen, are you out there?!)
15. One person truly has the power to change the world.
- Turkey hopes to ease tensions with Russia after it shot down a Russian warplane earlier this week. The countries have differing accounts of the incident. ›
- At least 15 people were killed after a suicide bomber attacked a Shiite Muslim procession of hundreds of people in Nigeria, the AP reports. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›