1. Last week Instagram allegedly shut down Scout’s account for violating their community guidelines.
3. She just wanted her photos back.
4. She eventually decided to make a new Instagram account as an experiment.
6. It did not last long.
8. So she took to twitter — and then the streets, LITERALLY — to express her disgust of Instagram’s censorship policy.
13. The daughter of Demi Moore and Bruce Willis was pissed.
14. (As such, it’s no coincidence that her current Twitter avatar is the image that Rihanna was suspended from the service for posting.)
It’s a magazine cover, SHEESH.
15. She tweeted and tweeted and shared images of breast cancer survivors, asking Instagram how they would handle such images.
16. Until she COULD TAKE NO MORE. So she walked down the streets of New York’s Lower East Side without a shirt herself.
17. She even bought flowers topless.
18. And that’s her point: If she can legally walk around topless in New York, why not Instagram?
And #FREETHENIPPLE was born.
19. Not comfortable with her photos?
20. Bye, hater.
- Robert L. Dear was identified as the suspected gunman in a fatal shooting at a Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs. ›
- World leaders will meet in Paris starting Monday to discuss a potential global climate change agreement. Here's what you need to know. ›
- Speaking of climate change, can you pass this basic quiz about it? ›