So now that Thicke is talking about it, he tells Oprah that during their VMA performance, he wasn’t “really paying attention” to the fact that Miley was grinding up on him:
Oprah: You didn’t think of it as sexual?
Robin Thicke: Well, I was on stage, I didn’t see it, you know. So to me, I’m walking out towards Miley, I’m not thinking ‘sex,’ I’m thinking ‘fun.’ So I’m sitting there, I’m looking up to the sky, I’m singing. I’m not really paying attention to all that. That’s on her.
Thicke: People ask me, ‘Do you twerk?’ I’m like, ‘Listen, I’m the twerkee. I’m twerked upon. I don’t twerk myself, okay? I’m just twerked upon.’ “
5. (Fine, we’ll give you that you maybe missed the foam-fingering.)
6. Even Miley understands that she’s wrongly taking all of the blame, telling Rolling Stone the following:
“No one is talking about the man behind the ass. It was a lot of ‘Miley twerks on Robin Thicke,’ but never, ‘Robin Thicke grinds up on Miley.’ They’re only talking about the one that bent over. So obviously there’s a double standard.”
7. And yesteday she told Ellen Degeneres that Robin definitely knew what was going down.
“He was in rehearsal as much as I was, and loving it, people,” she said.
- President Obama on Monday declared a major disaster in South Carolina, where floods have killed at least 12 people and left tens of thousands stranded. ›
- California has become the fifth U.S. state to legalize physician-assisted suicide for terminally ill patients. ›
- The U.S., Japan, and 10 other Pacific Rim nations have agreed to a historic trade deal encompassing 40% of the world's economy. ›