1. The year was 1991 when Ralston debuted a cereal based on a popular character on “Family Matters.”
2. Commercials for the cereal went a little something like this:
3. The cereal was banana and strawberry flavored. It looked like this:
4. The backs of boxes featured games like “Go Fish, Urkel!”
5. In 1992, the cereal held a contest to win a trip to Washington DC:
6. Boxes came with one of four political Urkel stickers, like this:
8. One time there were coupons for free fruit printed on the box:
10. So let’s all do a dance for the most obscurely ’90s cereal that ever was…
13. Getting closer…
Here Are The Top Stories
- New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, a Republican who's faced political fallout from the "Bridgegate" scandal, is running for president.
- Senior staff at the Clinton Correctional Facility in upstate New York were placed on administrative leave.
- Misty Copeland has become the first black female principal dancer in American Ballet Theater's 75-year history.