1. This week, Jay Z wrote in his blog that he and Bey would be doing a “physical and spiritual cleanse” for the following 22 days.
3. …something seemed a little off.
6. Offending Outfit #1:
Bey showed up to LA’s Native Foods with what looked like a sizable amount of animal fur around her shoulders. (It could be fake.)
7. The cafe lists it’s passions as “fresh food, animals and the environment.”
8. Offending Outfit #2:
She wore this leather & cow inspired outfit to Crossroads in Beverly Hills.
9. …which is probably not vegan, either. *
- BUT IT COULD BE!
10. Offending Outfit #3:
A pizza-print ensemble, while TOTALLY AWESOME, in this instance is not vegan. Or at least, the pizzas that inspired these prints weren’t.
11. Vegan cheese and pepperoni look more like this:
This recipe — Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free Pizza Dough recipe by The Momma Stuff Blog — can be found here.
12. And at best, this:
Vegan Pepperoni Pizza recipe can be found here.
14. Miriam Webster defines the term veganism as:
a strict vegetarian who consumes no animal food or dairy products; also one who abstains from using animal products (as leather)
…and by using that logic, it would make sense why practicing vegans might find her to be disingenuous. That said, she’s less than a week in to her new diet, maybe we give her a break?
- In a landmark prison reform decision, California has agreed to a settlement that will effectively end indefinite solitary confinement in the state. ›
- Los Angeles has officially been selected as the American candidate city to host the 2024 Summer Olympics. ›
- McDonald's all-day breakfast is happening: It's coming to the U.S. on Oct. 6. The company started testing it this year 🍳 ›