1. Make edible Olympic torches out of popcorn and ice cream cones
2. Order medals from Etsy to pass out to your guests
You can probably find some at your local consignment store but if not, there’s always Etsy.
4. …or buy all of your beer from the country you’re supporting
It feels like Red Stripe may be a good choice…
5. If you have another TV, set up one of your old Olympic video games for people to play
To play between commercials! My personal favorite was Capcom’s Gold Medal Challenge released for Nintendo in 1992 — but I hear there are many more, better games that have been released since.
6. Pour some Olympic shots
Seen here are Blue Curacao, Creme de Banane, coffee, Midori, and Aftershock cinnamon liqueur.
7. Order some Royal Jubilee masks
You can order them on Amazon.com for $5 bucks a pop.
8. Dip red strawberries in white chocolate and blue sprinkles or sugar
9. Make the Olympic rings out of balloons
Super cheap and easy to do!
10. Make a mixtape
For before or after the events you’re there to watch. It should probably include at least a few of the following:
• “We Are The Champions” by Queen
• “World’s Greatest” by R. Kelly
• “Welcome to the Jungle” by Guns N Roses
• “London Bridge” by Fergie
• “Lose Yourself” by Eminem
• “Eye of the Tiger” by Survivor
• “Bugler’s Dream” by Leo Arnaud
• “One Shining Moment” by Luther Vandross
• The Jock Jams Megamix
12. Make a red, white, and blue salad
The red being strawberries, white being feta cheese, and blue blueberries!
14. Make this ice cream cake with the colors of your choosing
It’s simple and vegan! Click here for recipe.
15. Put candy in these DIY Olympic candy jars
Instructions for the easy craft are here.
16. Make your own bedazzled Olympic shirt
DIY instructions here.
17. Order international flag hanging streamers
$1 per streamer at Amazon.
18. Arrange your snacks by color
For this, you need circular cups and food in the colors of the Olympic rings.
19. Class-up Cheetos by turning them into an Olympic torch
Find out how here.
23. Make these fruit pops
These pops are a healthy snack consisting of watermelon, apple, blueberry and a straw! Find out how here.
24. Serve fish and chips
An English staple! Or serve some of the other more common cuisines found in London like Indian food or Shwarma.
25. Go crazy with paper decorations and streamers in your team colors
26. Play the “Beer Olympics” drinking game
And in case it’s been awhile, here are the rules. You might want to limit the number of rounds played so that everyone’s in good enough shape to actually watch the olympics afterwards.
27. Buy red “white” and blue fruits
And organize them as such!
29. Order a batch of professionally-made Olympic cupcakes
These are from Le Dolci Cupcakes and Cakes.
30. Bake a blueberry pie if your team colors are blue
If not, improvise! Change the star shape to something related to the country you’re rooting for.
32. Order sunglasses in the color of your team
These are 42 cents a piece at Party City.
34. Make Olympic ring cockails
All it takes is finding colored candy to put in the bottom of martini glasses that won’t change color!
35. Create a layered punch with your team colors
The ingredients used in this punch are cranberry juice, blue gatorade and 7-Up. Instructions here.
36. Make simple Olympic rings for your wall with crepe paper
View a how-to here.
37. Make American flag pops
Vegan and dairy-free! Learn how here.
41. Get outside and play a game yourself
Okay, so we don’t all have an Olympic-sized swimming pool or tennis court in our backyards. Still, it’s worth it to kick around the soccer ball or play a round of volleyball to keep active and burn off the calories you’ve been ingesting all day watching the Olympics inside!
43. Buy plastic beads in every color
That way, everyone can pick their own colors to go along with their team. You can order 144 beads for $18.50 at Amazon.
44. Jazz up a cake with sprinkles in the color of your choice team!
You might have to sort through a regular pack of sprinkles to find the correct combination, though!
45. Make Olympic onion rings
They probably look better than they taste, but it would probably only take a bit of food coloring for each batch of colored rings?
47. Make wreaths out of leaves, grass, or anything else green in your backyard
All you need is some twine (or scotch tape if you don’t mind it looking a bit janky), sticks, and greenery to make it.
48. Put a fake crowd backdrop on your wall
Instant stadium. $16 at Party City.
49. Put mini international flags everywhere
They start at around a buck a piece and cost more as you add quality and increase size.
50. Serve Goldschlager with every gold medal ceremony
I mean, it has bits of REAL GOLD floating around inside of it! It’s like drinking 1/100th of a gold medal yourself. Go on, you deserve it.
51. You could always order the “Green Man” suit in the color of your team…
There’s even an American flag edition! $60 bucks a pop at Party City.