29. Tony Danza was born and raised in Brooklyn.
28. He still takes the NYC subway.
26. He could throw out the first pitch at a Yankees or Mets game with ease.
Robert Galbraith / Reuters
24. He can whip out his Spidey-suit and kick some bad guy ass if we ever needed him to.
23. He and his famous Hollywood friends already support NYC sporting events, like the U.S. Open.
…and we know how much America loves that:
21. He can ballroom dance! Which is important for balls, galas, and other fancy-pants events.
20. He will investigate anything that needs to be investigated, including JGL’s abs.
19. He takes his grocery shopping very seriously, so he *probably* wouldn’t allow for any Wal Mart’s in Manhattan.
17. He will dance in the New York City streets when asked to.
14. He’s been a boxer for his entire life so he can kick anyone’s ass, really.
11. He would *probably* be down for a Brony Con here in NYC, just based upon the following image:
10. He relates well with the youth vote (or can at least buy their friendship with ice cream).
9. He doesn’t judge his longtime friends despite how funny their new mustache is (we’re looking at you, Steve Guttenberg!!)
Mike Coppola / Getty Images
8. He has a great rapport with people, as seen on his daytime talk show.
7. He *probably* wouldn’t be above silly-yet-informative performances in high school auditoriums, which this city needs!
Rick Wilking / Reuters
6. He’s friends with the Fonz! (Any friend of Henry Winkler’s can’t be bad.)
5. The man can cook, which is important if he wants to uphold Bloomberg’s restaurant ratings system.
4. When it comes down to it, he could persuade the opposition using only his looks…
And the number one reason why Tony Danza should be mayor of New York city…
1. He’s the boss.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Police in Athens used pepper spray on protesters two days ahead of Greece's major bailout vote.