1. Quvenzhané Wallis’ first acceptance speech of the season:
2. Ben Affleck’s genuine look of shock when he won Best Director
3. …and how he thanked “The Academy.”
Sick Oscar burn!
4. Kathryn Bigelow: “I know, I can’t believe they snubbed me either! Shh, wait, the camera is on us — let’s talk about it later.”
5. Tommy Lee Jones does NOT appreciate how loud the music is.
6. Christian Bale: “For ‘The Machinist’ I only drank green juice for three months. How’d YOU do it?”
7. Judd Apatow demanded a standing ovation …and then rubbed his win in everyone’s face.
8. Joseph Gordon-Levitt fixed Anne Hathaway’s wardrobe malfunction
“Annie tore the strap on her dress, but luckily I had a pin :o)”
9. “Ted” lost to Bradley Cooper.
10. Jack Black is really, really cute with his wife.
11. Before Judd Apatow, Rebel Wilson was just a street girl, addicted to crack.
12. He couldn’t fix her habit of Teresa Giudice-ing, though.
13. Whatever you do, DON’T forget the “e” on Anne Hathaway’s name.
- Greece voted "no" on sweeping new austerity measures tied to further bailout funds. Its future in the eurozone is uncertain, and its creditors are unimpressed.
- The U.S. faces Japan in Vancouver in the final match of the FIFA Women's World Cup. The Americans scored 4 goals in the first 15 minutes of the game ⚽️
- Captured New York prison escapee David Sweat has been released from hospital and is back in jail.