1. Definitely wear your hair in a curled ear-length shag, a la Pat Benetar.
2. Or, opt for Tiffany’s hairsprayed-and-feathered curly bang situation.
3. Wearing pink frosted lipstick and surrounding your entire eye area with gray pencil? A MUST!
Just ask Sheena Easton.
4. And one should take notes on anything Cyndi Lauper ever wore, really.
5. Know what goes with everything? Hugenormous earrings and also this hat.
It’s how Debbie Gibson charmed Will Smith and DJ Jazzy Jeff, probs.
6. So many important things happening with The Go-Gos, most notably the belts and socks with heels.
7. Denim on denim? Totally classic, as demonstrated by Whitney Houston.
Also noteworthy: that crazy-big belt.
8. Joan Jett’s shoulder pads here = totally essential.
9. Hitting the gym? Take a lesson from Olivia Newton-John’s headband, leggings and leg warmers.
10. Big hair goes amazingly well with equally big Janet Jackson-esque hoops, as it turns out.
11. Sleeveless cocktail dresses? THE JAM. Just look at Annie Lennox.
12. Tina Turner’s leather elbow gloves are completely beyond, in the best way.
- Iran's parliament approved a deal on its nuclear program, which was agreed to in July following lengthy talks between six world powers. ›