1. Definitely wear your hair in a curled ear-length shag, a la Pat Benetar.
2. Or, opt for Tiffany’s hairsprayed-and-feathered curly bang situation.
3. Wearing pink frosted lipstick and surrounding your entire eye area with gray pencil? A MUST!
Just ask Sheena Easton.
4. And one should take notes on anything Cyndi Lauper ever wore, really.
5. Know what goes with everything? Hugenormous earrings and also this hat.
It’s how Debbie Gibson charmed Will Smith and DJ Jazzy Jeff, probs.
6. So many important things happening with The Go-Gos, most notably the belts and socks with heels.
7. Denim on denim? Totally classic, as demonstrated by Whitney Houston.
Also noteworthy: that crazy-big belt.