Justin Bieber is the host and musical guest on “Saturday Night Live” tomorrow night, and some freezing fans have been camped outside 30 Rock since yesterday to try to get tickets.
1. Wait, excuse me, they’re trying to get STANDBY tickets — as in, they might be waiting in the ice and snow for nothing at all.
Some fans got there yesterday afternoon, meaning they’ve already spent one night camped on the sidewalk outdoors.
And still others joined them this morning, fully aware of the fact that it’s supposed to continue to snow until tomorrow.
Right now, the sidewalk campgrounds look like this:
And, of course, the cold, wet campers feel like this:
10. Here’s some footage of fans singing and goofing around while waiting in the cold:
11. UPDATE: A source at NBC/Universal has told BuzzFeed that they will be passing out standby tickets at 11 p.m. tonight as opposed to the usual time, which is 7 a.m. on Saturday.
13. UPDATE 2: The same NBC/Universal source has told BuzzFeed that tickets will be given out at 6 p.m. intermittently until 11 p.m. tonight, and that in addition, “SNL” will be passing out soup to the standby line, as they always do in cold months.
- At least nine people in Colorado Springs were injured in a shooting near a Planned Parenthood clinic, officials said. ›
- At least 15 people were killed after a suicide bomber attacked a Shiite Muslim procession of hundreds of people in Nigeria. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›