Justin Bieber is the host and musical guest on “Saturday Night Live” tomorrow night, and some freezing fans have been camped outside 30 Rock since yesterday to try to get tickets.
Theo Wargo / Getty Images
1. Wait, excuse me, they’re trying to get STANDBY tickets — as in, they might be waiting in the ice and snow for nothing at all.
Some fans got there yesterday afternoon, meaning they’ve already spent one night camped on the sidewalk outdoors.
And still others joined them this morning, fully aware of the fact that it’s supposed to continue to snow until tomorrow.
Right now, the sidewalk campgrounds look like this:
And, of course, the cold, wet campers feel like this:
10. Here’s some footage of fans singing and goofing around while waiting in the cold:
11. UPDATE: A source at NBC/Universal has told BuzzFeed that they will be passing out standby tickets at 11 p.m. tonight as opposed to the usual time, which is 7 a.m. on Saturday.
13. UPDATE 2: The same NBC/Universal source has told BuzzFeed that tickets will be given out at 6 p.m. intermittently until 11 p.m. tonight, and that in addition, “SNL” will be passing out soup to the standby line, as they always do in cold months.
In The News Today
- 26 people, thought to be refugees and migrants, were discovered in the back of a truck in Austria. ›
- Thai police arrested a man alleged to have explosives in his possession, almost two weeks after a deadly bomb blast in Bangkok killed 20 people. ›
- Kyle Jean-Baptiste, the first black man to play Jean Valjean on Broadway in "Les Misérables," died Friday. He was 21. ›