4. So how did it come to be that the song is basically the soundtrack to THIS?
5. The simple answer? Advertisements.
“I Melt With You” has been the soundtrack for cheese-centric food commercials time and time again since the 1980s, including ones for huge brands like Burger King, Taco Bell, and Ritz.
6. And although the song is occasionally used to shill for other delicious things…
7. It’s always going to be more associated with beautiful, warm cheese.
9. It is, after all, a love song.
- A judge ruled that the six Baltimore officers charged in the death of Freddie Gray, a black man allegedly killed by police in April, will have individual trials. ›
- Senate Democrats have secured enough votes to uphold the Iran nuclear deal when Congress votes on it later this month. ›
- Hundreds of Eurostar passengers moving between Britain and France were stranded for hours as people were seen on the tracks attempting to get through the tunnel. ›