1. You couldn’t get into a friend’s car without tripping over one of these.
And you always ran out of space and had to double up spaces in your own CD binder.
3. Let us solemnly remember the supreme ugliness of most home CD storage.
Especially freestanding CD racks. Shudder.
4. You had to buy a whole otherwise-terrible CD for that one song you loved on it.
5. And if you listened to a CD frequently enough, this was an inevitability.
AND NONE OF THE SO-CALLED SCRATCH SOLUTIONS EVER WORKED. F U, TOOTHPASTE/BANANAS/GUM, YOU ARE ALL A LIE.
6. Oh, and did you think your CD cases were immune to a similarly scratched-up fate?
7. Why were you always seeing these weird orphans on the ground?
8. No matter how “skip-resistant” these claimed to be, they never, ever were.
9. And if your parents saw this on an album, well, you could kiss it goodbye.
WHY YOU GOTTA BE SUCH A TATTLETALE, STICKER? COME ON
10. Stores were so crazy about people stealing them that they made them impossible to open even when you bought it fair and square.
Like, CHILL with all the hard plastic nonsense.
11. AND THIS IMPENETRABLE STICKER WAS THE WORST.
It claimed the life of many a nail and accounted for 84% of CDs thrown across a room in frustration (the others were all late U2 albums).
12. But really, the actual most unfortunate thing about CDs is that you don’t see much of them anymore.
…was, let’s face it, far more satisfying than ripping this dinky little thing out of an envelope.
14. And that pawing through music stores for hours at a time is practically a thing of the past.
15. So while, yeah, it totally sucked to deal with this…
(Geddit? It’s a CD SKIPPING!)
16. I think that we can all admit that some part of us misses this.
LOVE YOU FOREVER, ALBUM ART.
- Fox News has announced the 10 Republican candidates who will participate in the first debate of the 2016 U.S. presidential race on Thursday.
- The World Health Organization says new cases of Ebola in Sierra Leone and Guinea hit the lowest point in more than a year last week.
- Super Typhoon Soudelor, the strongest storm of 2015 so far, is threatening parts of Asia after hitting the Pacific island Saipan.