3. Let us solemnly remember the supreme ugliness of most home CD storage.
Especially freestanding CD racks. Shudder.
5. And if you listened to a CD frequently enough, this was an inevitability.
AND NONE OF THE SO-CALLED SCRATCH SOLUTIONS EVER WORKED. F U, TOOTHPASTE/BANANAS/GUM, YOU ARE ALL A LIE.
7. Why were you always seeing these weird orphans on the ground?
11. AND THIS IMPENETRABLE STICKER WAS THE WORST.
It claimed the life of many a nail and accounted for 84% of CDs thrown across a room in frustration (the others were all late U2 albums).
16. I think that we can all admit that some part of us misses this.
LOVE YOU FOREVER, ALBUM ART.
- The CIA has officially—but very quietly—admitted that some allegations about its torture program were true.
- The U.S. government is suing Ferguson, Missouri, after the city tried to change a negotiated police reform settlement.
- New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie has dropped out of the 2016 Republican presidential race after poor results in New Hampshire 🇺🇸