3. Let us solemnly remember the supreme ugliness of most home CD storage.
Especially freestanding CD racks. Shudder.
5. And if you listened to a CD frequently enough, this was an inevitability.
AND NONE OF THE SO-CALLED SCRATCH SOLUTIONS EVER WORKED. F U, TOOTHPASTE/BANANAS/GUM, YOU ARE ALL A LIE.
7. Why were you always seeing these weird orphans on the ground?
11. AND THIS IMPENETRABLE STICKER WAS THE WORST.
It claimed the life of many a nail and accounted for 84% of CDs thrown across a room in frustration (the others were all late U2 albums).
16. I think that we can all admit that some part of us misses this.
LOVE YOU FOREVER, ALBUM ART.
- 200 million women and girls have undergone genital mutilation, UNICEF data says. But the practice's prevalence is down.
- Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders debated head-to-head over who was a true "progressive." 🇺🇸
- Do you know what happened in the news this week? Time to take our quiz.