1. Good morning, sweetheart.
Guess what we’re going to do today?
3. Well, while we COULD go out and get a sweaty sunburn, we’ve kind of got other plans.
5. Today’s about writing and making drawings and reorganizing your bookshelves.
Bonus points if there’s a dog or cat you love nearby.
7. For listening to scads of records and making a collage and possibly baking something rad.
9. Oh, is it raining? AMAZING.
This is your favorite state of being, because now people won’t question your summertime love of the great indoors.
11. You know who also feels you on this? None other than Nina Simone.
Oh, and tiny life hint: The website Rainy Mood makes it rainy outside even when it’s not in actuality. You’re welcome!
13. And Morrissey, of course, loves “spending warm summer days indoors.”
Preferably while writing frightening verse to a buck-toothed girl in Luxembourg.
15. Sure, being outside with your friends sometimes is totally great. But today, you’re happy in the house.
Also, there’s no air conditioner out there, so.
17. Like, these dogs know what’s up.
You should almost definitely copy their genius idea.
19. Maybe you can even find someone to keep indoors with you.
21. Either way, though, you’re going to do whatever you want today, and it’s going to be great.
You’re going to make stuff, read stuff, write stuff, watch stuff, and stuff yourself with stuff. Doesn’t that sound perfect?
23. So park yourself right in your bedroom, where you belong.
Because while it can be totally lovely to enjoy the outdoor-style splendors of summertime, home is where your heart is.