Bret Easton Ellis, or BEE as he likes to refer to himself as in the third person, spent the weekend letting the world know he really wants to write the adapted screenplay for E L James’ 50 Shades of Grey trilogy. Oh, and he has SOME ideas about casting.
2. Lena Dunham is his first choice for Ana
3. But this…
4. Allison Williams’ performance on ‘Girls’ makes her a strong contender, too.
6. But let’s be honest, he says, it’s probably going to be either Scarlett Johansson…
8. First name out the gate for Christian Grey: Alexander Skarsgard.
Related: BEE wants David Cronenberg to direct 50 Shades of Grey. SORRY, ANGELINA. Fun fact: David worked with BEE initially on American Psycho.
12. Throws another name out there for giggles: Aaron Johnson
16. To recap: this is BEE’s dream team for ‘50 Shades of Grey’
17. Also, he has a message for E L James:
18. No, really. He’s not kidding.
Maybe he should learn how to properly punctuate her name first…