1. Pencil grips make crochet hooks more comfortable.
4. Use some picture frames to make a terrarium.
5. Organize crayons by color with popsicle trays.
For those of you with kiddos or regressive tendencies. You’ll never have to wait for an orange again. From here.
6. Manila folders + chopsticks = modern lamp.
OK, the lightbulb kit may require a visit to the hardware store. Instructions here.
7. Pick your favorite plastic animal and turn him into a bookend.
You don’t even have to cut them in half this time. Instructions here.
8. Sponges can be ergonomic keyboard things.
You could cover them in fabric if you don’t dig the kitchen look. From here.
9. Picture frames work as dry erase boards.
Drop plain white paper in there if you’re not into the scrapbooky look. From here.
11. These wire easels want to keep your laptop cool.
12. Turn cooling racks and lasagna pans into juicy steaks.
(Close enough.) How-to here.
14. Spraypaint and patience can turn beads into a chandelier.
Pinterest-ers will be familiar with this one. Original tutorial here.
15. Get crafty with two colors of paint and some vases.
16. Mercury-ize any sort of glassware you happen to find.
17. Dino butts can help your phone stand up.
You just have to ignore the plastic dino’s screams of anguish as you cut it in half. Instructions here.
18. Make a little magnet board with a burner cover.
Aww. From here.
19. Cups can be custom modular storage.
You’ll need a toolbox. Tutorial here.
21. Mirrors become little boxes.
With just a little help from your good old friend, the hot glue gun. Tutorial here.
22. You too can have a spa-like bathroom for only like $5.
Instructions for this pebble bath mat here.
23. Never ever misplace your keys again…
…as long as you remember to hang them in the teeny frame. Directions here.
24. Keep your beer at hand all summer long.
Gotta be a little handy for this. Tutorial here.
25. Fancy pants topiaries (assuming you can find moss).
These will depend on your dollar store. Directions here.
26. Highlighters = glow water. WHAT.
So, I’m no toddler but I’m going to do this anyway. MAKE SURE THE HIGHLIGHTERS SPECIFICALLY SAY “NONTOXIC.” Directions here.
27. Turn paint can lids into a pretty outdoor mirror.
Also an Anthro hack. Directions here.
28. Find a microfiber towel and sew it into a Swiffer cover.
29. Turn a laundry basket into a pretty striped basket.
- Nicholas Winton, who saved more than 650 Jewish children from the Holocaust, died at 106.