1. 1. Make a Shiny Door Wreath
Wreaths: not for the holidays anymore. Just change out the ribbon to fit the season. Find the how-to here.
2. Paint Them Pastel Colors
These are colorblocked, so they’re doubly stylish. The polka dots might require a tiny brush. Directions here.
3. 2. Knock Off Designer Shoes
Find the cheapest pair of platforms you can find, and hoard 600 thumbtacks. Directions here.
4. Bling Out Your Candles
You could bedazzle them with your initials instead of leaves, since it’s not fall anymore. Find out how here.
5. 5. Put Your Favorite Quote on a Canvas
You can paint the background your favorite color, or cover it with a fabric first. Directions here.
6. 6. Turn a Boring Mirror Into a Sunburst Mirror
Fifteen minutes and six dollars. Well, the thumbtack part. But it works if you have a mirror already attached to some cork board. Directions here.
7. 7. Personalize Your Wooden Chairs
Using a printed stencil to mark out the holes first works wonders. Find the how-to here.
8. 8. Make IKEA Look Expensive
Two Lack tables and a few hundred thumbtacks later, you have a customized studded side table. Directions here.
9. 9. Fill That Empty Vase
They look a little like scales, but the summer squash colored paint fixes that problem. Directions here.
10. 10. Pretend Styrofoam Cones are Christmas Trees
It’s a bit out of season, but you can never be too prepared. Somewhat self-explanatory directions here.
11. 11. Monogram a Chevron Canvas
Because you need to put your personal brand (and chevrons) on everything. Everything. Directions here.
12. 12. Cover Them in Fabric
You finally have a use for those cute scraps you couldn’t pass up at the fabric store last weekend. Directions here.
13. 13. Go Gaga-Style With Your Bra
Still not over that Telephone music video? Make something shiny to go under those chiffon shirts you’re going to wear all summer.
14. 14. Decorate For The Holidays, or Because It’s Pretty
Leftover yarn? These ornaments solve your problem. Directions here.
15. 15. Paint Them With Your Leftover Polish
Sticking the tacks into a used roll of tape keeps them stable. You probably have all of the supplies you need already. Directions here.
16. 16. Stick Doilies To Your Wall
You could even use the tacks you just painted with nail polish, so they have brightly colored centers.
17. 17. Transform Them Into Little Flowers
Then you can stick them anywhere for instant decorative prowess. Directions here.
18. 18. Gild Fake Gourds
19. 19. Make a Statement Desk Decoration
There’s not much point in this globe once you cover up all the cool map stuff, but it’s shiny. By the same DIY-er as above gourds. Directions here.
20. 20. Pretend that You’re Lilly Pulitzer
Or whatever designer whose catalogs and bags you hold onto. You could also use any pretty paper you find. Directions!
21. 21. Play with Humongous Typography
You just have to decide what you want it to say, first. Then figure out how to get it sketched on the wall. Directions here.