Has anyone ever suffered more than Frodo Baggins for their fandom? Let us count the ways, sorted by hazard and eye size.
19. That time when Frodo slipped at the Prancing Pony, causing the One Ring to jar loose. (Side note: I’m happy to report the pint went unsplashed.)
18. That time when he stumbled on the snowy slopes of Caradhras. Once again, the ring jarred loose.
17. That time when Merry and Pippin were busted poaching veggies from Farmer Maggot’s crop…
…and everyone rolled uncontrollably down a steep pitch.
16. That time Faramir, Captain of Gondor, fancied the Ring of Power for himself.
15. That time Gimli cut straight to the chase. (SPOILER: It didn’t work.)
14. That time Frodo stared into Lady Galadriel’s giant cereal bowl too long.
13. That time when Boromir’s corruption outweighed Boromir’s resolve.
12. That time Frodo got tangled in a massive spider web.
10. That time he was tackled by Sam…
…and they fell down a staircase.
Frodo was not amused.
But our heroes, so very dreamy, would not be deterred by the elements alone.
5. That time he almost got choked for reals by Gollum on the final approach to Mount Doom.
4. That time when he got speared by the cave-troll in the mines of Moria. (Were it not for the miracle of Mithril…)
2. That time the Witch-king of Angmar stabbed him with a Morgul-blade on Weathertop…
Here Are The Top Stories
- A conservation group in Zimbabwe reported that Jericho, the brother of beloved lion Cecil, was shot and killed by a hunter. But some scientists monitoring the pride believe he is OK.
- Joe Biden has begun to "actively explore a possible presidential campaign," the New York Times reports.
- The trooper who pulled over Sandra Bland was disciplined for "unprofessional conduct" in the fall of 2014, records show.