Into week 1, my girlfriend and I are trying it out, here’s what I found so far.
- Easy to organize meals since we usually eat at different times
- Easy prep for lunches and breakfasts
- Get to try new recipes
- You won’t go hungry! Filling recipes. Cons:
- Cost: We spent over $140 for the two of us for week 1. That’s with changing some items due to price. We normally spend about $80, although we do eat out sometimes which sort of evens it out.
- Recipes aren’t that comprehensive to read, and I’ve had a few moments where I had to scramble to change what I had done.
- Jumps on alot of fad or popular foods, increasing the cost. Stuff like quinoa, kale, almond milk etc. could be altered with couscous, spinach, or regular milk. I’d suggest taking a good look at the recipes, figuring out what you could do with your seasonal foods and budget, and try to match the nutrition goals. We managed to find a few of the items at the market, but things that are out of season really made the recipes cost more. I’ll probably end up doing a similar thing with more inexpensive recipes once we’re done.
SHARE THIS PAGE View Viral Dashboard ›