1. A Walmart in Cleveland is holding a holiday food drive. For its own employees.
Bruh RT @smkeyes: Walmart holding canned food drive for its own underpaid employees http://t.co/NzRAze1U0F â€¦
3. While it’s admirable that the store would take such measures to provide for its workers this holiday season, some wonder whether or not it’s the correct measure to take. From the Cleveland Plain Dealer:
“That Wal-Mart would have the audacity to ask low-wage workers to donate food to other low-wage workers — to me, it is a moral outrage,” Norma Mills, a customer at the store, told the Plain Dealer.
4. To company spokesman Kory Lundberg, that this drive is a real and actual thing that is happening (and not a piece of satire as some suspected) shows just how much Walmart’s employees care for one another.
6. This news follows the arrests of 50 people in Los Angeles protesting the company’s low wages.
7. Someone on Twitter came up with an idea that just may be crazy enough to work:
How about paying them better? RT @BuzzFeedAndrew: Walmart is holding a can food drive…..for its own employees. http://t.co/xcyCh2rNWD
- It's World AIDS Day — 35 million people have died from AIDS-related conditions, and more than 34 million people are living with the disease. ›