1. A Walmart in Cleveland is holding a holiday food drive. For its own employees.
Bruh RT @smkeyes: Walmart holding canned food drive for its own underpaid employees http://t.co/NzRAze1U0F â€¦
3. While it’s admirable that the store would take such measures to provide for its workers this holiday season, some wonder whether or not it’s the correct measure to take. From the Cleveland Plain Dealer:
“That Wal-Mart would have the audacity to ask low-wage workers to donate food to other low-wage workers — to me, it is a moral outrage,” Norma Mills, a customer at the store, told the Plain Dealer.
4. To company spokesman Kory Lundberg, that this drive is a real and actual thing that is happening (and not a piece of satire as some suspected) shows just how much Walmart’s employees care for one another.
6. This news follows the arrests of 50 people in Los Angeles protesting the company’s low wages.
7. Someone on Twitter came up with an idea that just may be crazy enough to work:
How about paying them better? RT @BuzzFeedAndrew: Walmart is holding a can food drive…..for its own employees. http://t.co/xcyCh2rNWD
- The National Dialogue Quartet in Tunisia won the 2015 Nobel Peace Prize for its role in building a democracy there. ›
- California Republican Kevin McCarthy has dropped out of the race to be the next speaker of the U.S. House. ›
- The United Nations has proposed a national unity government for Libya after peace talks between the north African country's two rival factions. ›