1. Quinoa Breakfast Bake
The UN’s Food and Agricultural Organization declared 2013 is “international year of the quinoa.” This powerfood serves as a complete protein source, so you won’t suddenly be starving at 11 am. Just make sure to rinse the quinoa first. Recipe here.
2. Mini Veggie Frittatas
Baked in a muffin tin, these baby crustless quiches are almost too cute to eat. Customize with your favorite veggies. Recipe here.
3. Overnight Slow-Cooked Oatmeal
Using a slow cooker takes practically all the work out of making a hot breakfast. Check the label to make sure the oatmeal is certified gluten-free. Recipe here.
4. Blueberry Overnight Oats
No need to cook, just combine ingredients and refrigerate overnight. Boom: breakfast. Recipe here.
5. Rosti Potatoes With Ham & Cheese
This healthier twist on hash browns is incredibly satisfying. You could even serve it for dinner with a fresh green salad on the side. Recipe here.
6. Soft Pumpkin Granola Bars
When you know you’re going to have to get out of bed and hit the ground running, stash one of these tasty and convenient bars in your bag the night before. Recipe here.
7. Roasted Cherry Tomato Clafoutis
Traditionally clafoutis is a sweet dish, but this savory twist earns it a place on your plate at breakfast. Recipe here.
8. Cilantro-Pear Turkey Breakfast Sausage
You’ll gobble-gobble up these easy turkey sausage patties. Make a big thermos of coffee to counteract all that tryptophan. Recipe here.
9. Winter Millet Porridge
Millet is a versatile, nutrient-rich seed with a delicate, nutty flavor that pairs perfectly with the pumpkin and spices in this dish. Recipe here.
10. Smoked Salmon Potato Tartine
Smoked salmon and breakfast were made for each other. This elegant dish would be perfect for weekend brunch, too—just add a pitcher of mimosas. Recipe here.
- The South Carolina Senate voted 37-3 in the first vote to remove the Confederate battle flag from statehouse grounds. The bill is expected to pass a two-thirds majority in its third reading on Tuesday, then move to the House.
- Greece has a new finance minister after Yanis Varoufakis resigned on Monday following the country's "no" vote on austerity measures tied to further bailout funds.
- More than 1 million people are expected to attend Pope Francis' mass in Ecuador on Monday.