1. Hang out with cool people.
2. Keep it real.
3. Grammy’s are totally chic.
4. Stand on a soapbox and preach!
5. Don’t be afraid to call on your bestie for help with the big stuff
6. See below.
7. Games are nice places to relax.
8. Don’t mess with your dad… or else.
From Everybody Hates Chris, inspired by Chris Rock’s life as a kid.
9. Minimum wage is the pits.
“I used to work at McDonald’s making minimum wage. You know what that means when someone pays you minimum wage? You know what your boss was trying to say? It’s like, “Hey if I could pay you less, I would, but it’s against the law.”
10. It’s cool to support up-and-coming comedians.
11. Ideas should be malleable.
“I think it’s better to have ideas. You can change an idea, changing a belief is tricker. Life should be malleable and progressive; working from idea to idea permits that. Beliefs anchor you to certain points and limit growth; new ideas can’t generate. Life becomes stagnant.” -Chris Rock (as Rufus in the movie Dogma)
12. Gay people should be able to get married if they want.
“People always say that we can’t have gay marriage because marriage is a scared institution that happens in the church. It’s sacred… no it’s not! Marriage ain’t sacred! Not in America! Not in the country that watches “Who Wants to Marry a Millionaire?” or “The Bachelor” or “The Bachelorette” or “Who wants to marry a midget?” Get the fuck outta here! Gay people have as much of a right to be miserable as everybody else!” -Chris Rock
13. Kiss your baby other in exotic places.
14. Kids shows are still fun!
15. The only time you should wear crushed velvet is when you are interviewing Will Smith.
16. Don’t talk to Kobe Bryant when he’s trying to focus.
18. And it’s totally okay to check Rihanna out.
Inspired by W. Kamau Bell’s new late night comedy show produced by Chris Rock, “Totally Biased.”
Who is W. Kamau Bell? He’s a smart, witty, subversive, and totally biased comedian with a new late night comedy show on FX. From executive producer Chris Rock, this new late night comedy series will discuss topics like politics, pop culture, race, religion, and media. Curious to see more? Watch Totally Biased with W. Kamau Bell, Thursdays 11PM ET only on FX.