1. At the beginning of the night you’re so excited, just like old times!
THIS COULDN’T POSSIBLY BE WORSE THAN LAST YEAR!
2. But on your way to meet them all you can think is:”Why did I agree to this?”
3. When you arrive and everyone is overly excited so you try really hard to go along with it.
YOU MISSED ME? OH, IS THAT WHY WE HAVEN’T SPOKEN IN OVER A YEAR?
4. You order a drink the second you sit down.
And all your friends are like…
Because they’re either pregnant or so over that “phase” of their life.
5. The first question they ALWAYS ask, “So are you seeing anyone?”
And then they just sit there like…
And then you whip out your fabulous sense of humor and say this:
And everyone takes you seriously and gives you this look…
They just want you to be happy…
And they all just glare at you.
Because they’re all so happy in love and you’re just bitter.
And they like the sound of that better.
But they’re still thinking of how they can set you up with a friend of a friend because you can’t possibly be happy alone.
8. And then they spend the next thirty minutes talking about their respective wedding plans and you’re just sitting there like:
9. Finally you look over at your one other single friend.
You may stay.
10. You find out that you’re the only one at the table that is NOT in any of their weddings.
Soooo, this is awkward.
11. They realize you’re still there and then apologize that you aren’t in their wedding party. You’re like:
12. And then they go on to explain WHY you aren’t one of their bridesmaids.
Ohhhh, that’s why. Tell me more.
13. Finally you slip away from the table and go find some new friends at the bar.
14. You tell them exactly what you think about this night.
15. Eventually your friends realize you’re gone and when they finally find you they get all mad “I can’t believe you ditched us!”
ALSO, I’VE BEEN GONE FOR THIRTY MINUTES.
16. When you get back to the table you just start ranting.
17. And they all think you’re too drunk to notice them making this face.
18. You get really mad about that. So you just start shouting insults at nobody in particular.
19. And then you call out that one girl in the friend group that was always so mean to you in high school.
20. Then they all turn against you because that was “So not cool.”
21. You feel attacked so you start crying and listing all the things you would’ve rather done tonight.
23. After you’re done dancing you try to turn the night around and lure them into drinking with you.
24. And then all of your friends leave because their significant other is waiting for them at home.
YOU SEE THEM EVERY SINGLE DAY.
25. As soon as they leave you start sobbing because this is SO typical.
Luckily your one other single friend is still by your side.