1. So there was a television show yesterday.
2. You might have seen a few people mentioning it on the internet.
3. A lot of people liked this character:
The science girl with the tom baker scarf was all of us.
PETITION FOR THAT ASTHMATIC GIRL WITH THE TOM BAKER SCARF TO BE A NEW COMPANION
7. The British establishment was at pains to deny that we have a secret cache of alien weapons.
We have no knowledge of the black archive at the Tower of London. Then again, we might have had our memories wiped #DoctorWho #SaveTheDay
8. Famous landmarks also had feelings about things.
St Paul’s Cathedral
Many thanks to The Doctor for making sure London has remained safe for the past 50 years. #DayoftheDoctor
Twitter: Where a cathedral thanks a Time Lord.
10. Then this happened. We saw the 12th Doctor’s eyes.
CAPALDI’S EYES CAPALDI’S EYES OMFG CAPALDI EYES
Look at those eyes. I bet the Daleks are shitting themselves #SaveTheDay #DoctorWho
Bad Wolf Girl
when Peter Capaldiâ€™s eyes came on screen
This evening, Capaldi’s eyebrows own the internet.
18. Although some wondered if the eybrow thing was just a plot to cover up Martin Freeman’s moustache in the Sherlock trailer that aired on the BBC afterwards.
Can we talk about Freeman’s moustache now?
Because I suspect that this whole anniversary thing has been a feint to distract attention from it.
The M0ffat Minion
I CRIED SO MUCH WHEN TOM BAKER APPEARED
I LOVE YOU, TOM BAKER!! #DoctorWho50th
My God I can’t stop crying Tom Baker #DrWho50th ^
Had a little cry at Tom Baker’s cameo.
Nice to have Tom Baker trending and not have to worry that another of your childhood heroes has been arrested #DayoftheDoctor
29. It was all a bit much.
BAD WOLF GALLIFREY
TOM BAKER I’M CRYING
NO CLASSIC DOCTORS IN THE 50TH THEY SAID TOM BAKERâ€™S NOT INVOLVED THEY SAID
YOU WONâ€™T SEE PETER CAPALDI TIL CHRISTMAS THEY SAID #SaveTheDay
31. Not that this is stopping people from looking to the future.
32. Basically this sums it up.
L M Myles
I LOVE EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING IS LOVELY. #DoctorWho
- Two bomb attacks in Nigeria's central city of Jos killed at least 44 people.