1. The following apology appeared in Monday’s Evening Standard:
Humdinger of an apology in todayâ€™s Evening Standard
2. What makes this especially jaw-dropping is that Sebastian Horsley famously had a sign on his front door that was very specific about this issue.
While Horsley died in 2010, you can still see the sign on Meard Street in Soho, London today.
In fairness to the Standard, the exhibition was called “The Whoresley Show”, due to what it describes as “Sebastian’s consummate affection for prostitutes”. Still, probably best to double check this sort of thing before calling women prostitutes in future.
- California Republican Kevin McCarthy has dropped out of the race to be the next speaker of the U.S. House. ›
- The United Nations has proposed a national unity government for Libya after peace talks between the north African country's two rival factions. ›
- It could take more than a year for Volkswagen to fix all its cars with diesel engines rigged to evade emissions tests, the company's U.S. CEO said. ›