This is foosball.
A tabletop version of miniature soccer.
Here are a few reasons why it’s so amazing!
1. Foosball is multiplayer.
It can be played by two individuals (singles) or four people (doubles).
2. The concept was originally inspired by a box of matches.
It was conceived by Harold Thornton in 1921, as he wanted to create a game that could replicate soccer at home, forming the basis of the game by laying matches across the box . Source.
10. With large crowds…
17. Even Depeche Mode members play a few games before concerts.
The British band demands a foosball table in their dressing room while on tour.
18. Foosball is super cool at pubs…
19. And very relaxing at work…
20. And ping pong is so overrated!
21. There is a movie about foosball from the 80s…
Longshot (1981) starring no one I know…
22. And an animated 3D film from this year.
Metegol (2013) directed by Academy Award winner Juan Jose Campanella.
23. Let’s face it: foosball is definitely the best olympic sport yet to come!
And start practicing those tricks!
- 26 people, thought to be refugees and migrants, were discovered in the back of a truck in Austria. ›